Options

HTML only pages (right place?)

OhSnapPhotosOhSnapPhotos Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
edited August 21, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Ok, so I've been reading a LOT of threads today. Mainly looking for info on incorporating a calendar of availability into my site. I hope I'm posting this question in the right place, and would respectfully ask that mods move it and forgive my ignorance if not. :uhoh

So, in the course of my readings, I've seen HTML only pages mentioned several times. But when I try to do a search for HTML only pages in the threads I can't come up with anything. I guess too many search terms or no combined searching or something.

Can someone explain HTML only pages to me and how I can get one? I'm not an html wiz by any stretch, but I don't mind playing around with it.

The only other option for calendar seems to be a journal type page with a photo uploaded and the html for the calendar and/or link to calendar inserted in caption section. Is that correct?

Thanks to all in advance. I'm sure it's a silly newbie thing, but I'd really like to have this *sorta* worked out before I start pimping the site too hard (as in advertising, not customizing - realized that could have two meanings!).

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2008
    Ok, so I've been reading a LOT of threads today. Mainly looking for info on incorporating a calendar of availability into my site. I hope I'm posting this question in the right place, and would respectfully ask that mods move it and forgive my ignorance if not. :uhoh

So, in the course of my readings, I've seen HTML only pages mentioned several times. But when I try to do a search for HTML only pages in the threads I can't come up with anything. I guess too many search terms or no combined searching or something.

Can someone explain HTML only pages to me and how I can get one? I'm not an html wiz by any stretch, but I don't mind playing around with it.

The only other option for calendar seems to be a journal type page with a photo uploaded and the html for the calendar and/or link to calendar inserted in caption section. Is that correct?

Thanks to all in advance. I'm sure it's a silly newbie thing, but I'd really like to have this *sorta* worked out before I start pimping the site too hard (as in advertising, not customizing - realized that could have two meanings!).
    Create a journal style unlisted gallery and place the calendar code in the album description.

<html>
    html calendar code goes between these html tags.
    </html>

See the CSS at the bottom here for how to hide unnecessary things on page.

/* things you can hide on page */</pre>
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog