Options

forwarding domain name

cynthianncynthiann Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
edited August 22, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I purchased a domain name from GoDaddy through Smugmug. I've chosen to forward to my page, but it is still taking me to the main smugmug page. I feel horribly ignorant. Anybody know what this might be?

Also, the e-mail I got with the name isn't forwarding to my work e-mail like I had asked it to.

Did I mention I am very new here and if I am repeating an over-asked question, I apologize.

Comments

• Options
    mike.strockmike.strock Registered Users Posts: 147 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2008
    cynthiann wrote:
    I purchased a domain name from GoDaddy through Smugmug. I've chosen to forward to my page, but it is still taking me to the main smugmug page. I feel horribly ignorant. Anybody know what this might be?

Also, the e-mail I got with the name isn't forwarding to my work e-mail like I had asked it to.

Did I mention I am very new here and if I am repeating an over-asked question, I apologize.
    Cynthiann - Look at this thread and see if it helps with setting the domain forwarding up. Are you a Pro customer?

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=100417

On the email issue, I would speak with GoDaddy directly, as they will be best to help you.

If you have further questions, I'd be happy to help if I can. I'm not an employee, just a happy customer of SmugMug.

Mike.
  • Options
    chuckinsocalchuckinsocal Registered Users Posts: 932 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2008
    Forwarding won't work well.

Do the following:

Disable Forwarding

Go into "Total DNS Control and MX Records" and edit the following:

A Record

Points to: 208.79.45.23

CName
    Host: www
    Points to: domains.smugmug.com

It may or may not work immediately as it can take a few hours for the changes to "take".
    Chuck Cannova
    www.socalimages.com

Artistically & Creatively Challenged