Options

Click go the shears

AussierooAussieroo Registered Users Posts: 234 Major grins
edited August 24, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
Here is a shot taken at a local agricultural show of a demonstration of blade shearing the way it was done back in the old days.

357751227_FjNAb-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2008
    Aussieroo wrote:
    Here is a shot taken at a local agricultural show of a demonstration of blade shearing the way it was done back in the old days.

Don't wanna slip with those blades, gosh they look sharp.
    Those shearers are darn quick, geez I remember when Nan used to shear the sheep and she was in her 60's and doing it.
    Very good Shot Aussieroo, look how silky the clean cut wool is clap.gif

... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    edited August 24, 2008
    Thanks Skippy, it was bright sunshine on the wool and blades so it aprears more silky than it probably is.
  • Options
    PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2008
    Howdy,

Great shot, the shears and fresh wool being highlighted by the Sun really makes this in my eyes. Such a neat scene, well captured.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2008
    Great shot. I bet that guy's hands get a little tired after a day of this activity.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    edited August 24, 2008
    Fortunately he was only doing the occasional demonstration and not a whole days worth of shearing. But I bet they were tough old boys back in the old days shearing like that. Thanks for your comments