Options

Some from the practice session for the Thurs. wedding

JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
edited August 24, 2008 in Weddings
I met with the bride last night at the location. Here is only a few of the test shots.
357842080_JCxAa-L.jpg
exif data
55mm F 5.6 1/5 sec ISO 1600

357652779_y6bpQ-L.jpg
200mm 5.6 .77 sec ISO 1600

357824440_SwtjN-L.jpg
55mm 5.6 1 sec ISO 1600

Her daughter
357841836_AjdcC-L.jpg

357654376_hzdvw-L.jpg
78 mm 5.6 1/60 ISO 1600 (bad choice, I know)

357849826_ddMjW-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    nicoleshillidaynicoleshilliday Registered Users Posts: 549 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2008
    I see some great possibilities with the last shot...the silhouette is calling me!
    Nicole
    D3, and other Nikon goodies
    Shilliday Photography
    Blog
    Facebook
  • Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2008
    Wow, she is gorgeous!

I agree with Nicole.....definitely love the silhouette possibilities in that old covered bridge!!! Fantastic how the interior tracks of the bridge reflect some detail.

The 2nd and 3rd hots look a little warm to me.

It looks like she's possibly taller than you, if there is ANY way to bring a stepladder along for at least her individual portriats, I think the shots would benefit.
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2008
    I bet you will get some good ones of that blue eyed daughter of her too.
    What a cutie.
    Can't wait to see what you get! Good luck!
  • Options
    david_hdavid_h Registered Users Posts: 463 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2008
    Julie, that F5.6 is killing you. You are not going to be able to have people stay still enough for 1 second exposures and the results here are nowhere near as nice as most of the shots you post.

The image of her daughter is by far the best. What did you do different for her?

I agree with the others that your shot on the bridge has a lot of potential (we have a lot of covered bridges out this way as well). I'd be inclined to blow out the background completely and just have it pure white. If you did this and added a nice B&W (or sepia) effect, that would be a dramatic powerful image.
  • Options
    JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2008
    I see some great possibilities with the last shot...the silhouette is calling me!

She really liked that picture, at that distance. We have a few different shots that we want to do with this scene. Under the bridge has two amazing walls that will provide some excellent background for some romantic shots that she has picked out. If I can pull the shots off, it's going to be so romantic. I may even blush. Laughing.gif
  • Options
    edited August 24, 2008
    david_h wrote:
    Julie, that F5.6 is killing you. You are not going to be able to have people stay still enough for 1 second exposures and the results here are nowhere near as nice as most of the shots you post.

The image of her daughter is by far the best. What did you do different for her?

I agree with the others that your shot on the bridge has a lot of potential (we have a lot of covered bridges out this way as well). I'd be inclined to blow out the background completely and just have it pure white. If you did this and added a nice B&W (or sepia) effect, that would be a dramatic powerful image.

Oh, I know that the 5.6 is killing me. For the posed shots, I think I can probably pull it off bouncing the flash.........i hope. The little girl won't be an issue. I'm not sure the mom is bringing her for the simple reason that it will be so late. I think they are going to stage a re-enactement later on when it's not so late. I had her do some shots where she is moving and I told her that I can't pull it off without movement. On the first shot, I did bounce the flash and it was more appealing to me, but she didn't think that it portrayed the atmosphere she is wanting to create.
  • Options
    edited August 24, 2008
    urbanaries wrote:
    Wow, she is gorgeous!

I agree with Nicole.....definitely love the silhouette possibilities in that old covered bridge!!! Fantastic how the interior tracks of the bridge reflect some detail.

The 2nd and 3rd hots look a little warm to me.

It looks like she's possibly taller than you, if there is ANY way to bring a stepladder along for at least her individual portriats, I think the shots would benefit.

The second and third shot was shot with the light of a candle. That was my main lightsource. She really likes that warm ambient light.