Options

Understanding "Replace Photo" in the delayed proofing

mbellotmbellot Registered Users Posts: 465 Major grins
edited August 26, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I want to be sure I'm understanding this: http://www.smugmug.com/help/proof-retouch-replace correctly.

If I replace an image that is in proof delay it will ALSO replace the image thats in my gallery?

I ask because I have an order parked right now where a mom (and a good customer) has severly cropped several photos to isolate just her daughter. I'd like to replace the photo with one that has more resolution but don't want to end up with her version in my gallery.

Is my only recourse to replace the photo, submit the order and then re-replace with the original? Seems awfully round about for what should be a simple operation.

Any help/insight would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    RKnechtRKnecht Registered Users Posts: 366 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2008
    When you replace the photo with the higher resolution one, it will take the place of the photo in your gallery. However, you can simply upload the entire, uncropped, full resolution photograph and remember the crop she wants. Simply recrop the new photo and send it on its way. I do it all the time.
    A few Nikon bodies and some fast Nikon glass

www.richknechtphotography.com
  • Options
    mbellotmbellot Registered Users Posts: 465 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2008
    Good idea!

Time to start plowing through the list (101 photos) to see which ones need the extra attention.
  • Options
    PeterGarPeterGar Registered Users Posts: 294 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2008
    it does feel like "plowing", doesn't it? i have to do it too :-(