Options

Panoramic Prints- How???

JAMDIVERSJAMDIVERS Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
edited August 27, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Hello,

I'm a newbie here at Dgrin and Smugmug. I have a couple of panoramic images in one of my galleries. Then I noticed that 10 x 20 seemed to be the closest thing to a pano size among the list of choices for available prints and of course, cropping is not an option.

Is there any way to allow a customer to purchase a panoramic print on Smugmug? If so, how?

I think I saw somewhere in the help section where you could flip one pano upside down and print two images on one page. But how does your customer order it? And will they have to pay for 2 prints? I also saw the fotoflot option, how is this tied into the shopping cart?

Just REALLY confused about this matter, but would like to offer panoramic prints. Any help would be appreciated.

Here's a link to one of my panoramics: http://jamdivers.smugmug.com/gallery/5681901_tkAge#350168623_5iUuF
Thanks!
Kristy

Visit my site at www.jamdivers.com

Comments

• Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2008
    We have two options for printing panos in our Wiki here:

http://wiki.smugmug.net/display/SmugMug/Print+Panoramas

One of them is to get a "No Crop" option and your customer can trim it themselves, and another option is to upload a double image into your gallery for self-assembling.

As for Fotoflots, they have a slurping program on their site that will allow you to upload photos from your Smugmug galleries into their ordering interface. You have the option to get there from your shopping cart when you select a photo to purchase, however the transaction is conducted through Fotoflot's own site.

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    kpoorekpoore Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited August 27, 2008
    panoramic images
    Hi,
    I thought I would mention a reference some where in DGrin regarding www.myphotopipe.com which looks pretty nice for panos. I have never used them, but I plan to give them a try.
    Best,
    Karen in Austin, Texas
    JAMDIVERS wrote:
    Hello,

I'm a newbie here at Dgrin and Smugmug. I have a couple of panoramic images in one of my galleries. Then I noticed that 10 x 20 seemed to be the closest thing to a pano size among the list of choices for available prints and of course, cropping is not an option.

Is there any way to allow a customer to purchase a panoramic print on Smugmug? If so, how?

I think I saw somewhere in the help section where you could flip one pano upside down and print two images on one page. But how does your customer order it? And will they have to pay for 2 prints? I also saw the fotoflot option, how is this tied into the shopping cart?

Just REALLY confused about this matter, but would like to offer panoramic prints. Any help would be appreciated.

Here's a link to one of my panoramics: http://jamdivers.smugmug.com/gallery/5681901_tkAge#350168623_5iUuF