Options

Night shoot in Napolean, Ohio

GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
edited April 14, 2005 in Landscapes
So a friend calls me up and askes me if I want to out and photograph some wild turkeys on a property in Grand Rapids, Ohio. I dont have any shots of wild turkeys, so I said "of course. Understand I would have went even if I had dozens of turkey shots already. I rarely say no to an invite to go shoot,

We drove out to the property on a beautiful evening and started unloading, two camera bags, two tripods, two blinds, turkey calls, jackets. We load all this stuff on our backs and are ready to hike back to the woods when two van loads full of pumped up boys scouts come blowin into the parking area and unloading camping gear. :huh I guess callin in turkeys is unlikely. :humungus .

We load all of our gear back into the car and drive off looking for other photo ops.

We drove past independance dam hoping to see eagles fishing the water there, no luck but we did shoot the sunset.

19246627-L.jpg

We end up in Napoleon. It was dark so we decided to photograph the courthouse that was all lit up.

19246637-M.jpg

19246633-L.jpg

The clock at 500mm

19246629-M.jpg

As we were walking around the courthouse we passed a wonderfull monument to the fallen soldiers from the area.

This is My friend setting up for a shot.

19246642-M.jpg

I decided to concentrate on the statue iteself.

19246631-M.jpg

19246636-M.jpg

19246639-M.jpg

19246645-M.jpg

I haven't done a lot of shooting at night, and the trip was a lot of fun despite the total lack (literally anyway) of turkeys.

It just goes to show you should keep always be willing to abandon a shoot that isn't going to work out and adapt to a new plan.

Comments

• Options
    USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2005
    Greaper
    Great nightshots love the sunset also good color clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Sounds like some of my hunting trips
    You think you have everything covered but then.....something happens rolleyes1.gif

Thanks for the great shots and it looked like fun anywaythumb.gif

Fred
  • Options
    GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2005
    It was fun, but I ended up in the doghouse at home umph.gif

I guess I was out later than she thought.
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2005
    Well Done
    You adapted very well without the Turkeys rolleyes1.gif

See just goes to show that life goes on with or without Turkeys :lol4

I'm going to Ohio in September for 3 weeks, last time I was there was 4 years ago it was winter, I wanted to see a White Christmas as it never snows were I live, I've only ever seen snow about 4 times in my life.

I'm hoping that the Fall has completely happened by the time I get to Ohio, because I'd love to get some shots of the beautiful colors of the leaves.

You did real good with your images....thanks for sharing....Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2005
    GREAPER wrote:
    It was fun, but I ended up in the doghouse at home umph.gif

I guess I was out later than she thought.

i know the feeling. my wife is 5'-3" and all of 104lbs dripping wet - yet she can kick my a$$! btdt, greaper lol3.gif

the soldier is crying out for bw + toning layer imo. nice work! thumb.gif