Options

Recent gallery broken?

DJKennedyDJKennedy Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
edited August 28, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Not sure if this is where I should put this or not but here goes (I'm sure an admin will move it if this is the wrong forum!)

I've just uploaded at least 4 new photos in the past half hour or so, and they are not showing up in the 'recent photos' gallery.

The photo(s) I uploaded on the 24th and 26th are there though.

*I* haven't changed anything...tried two different browsers too.

Derek
http://www.djkennedy.com

What did Cinderella say when she left the photo shop? "One day my prints will come."

Comments

• Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2008
    DJKennedy wrote:
    Not sure if this is where I should put this or not but here goes (I'm sure an admin will move it if this is the wrong forum!)

I've just uploaded at least 4 new photos in the past half hour or so, and they are not showing up in the 'recent photos' gallery.

The photo(s) I uploaded on the 24th and 26th are there though.

*I* haven't changed anything...tried two different browsers too.

Derek

In your control panel, on the homepage tab, at the bottom, do you have the Photo Timeline set to display by "date taken" or "date uploaded"?
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    edited August 28, 2008
    jfriend wrote:
    In your control panel, on the homepage tab, at the bottom, do you have the Photo Timeline set to display by "date taken" or "date uploaded"?

I'll have to check but I just noticed that the photos I uploaded the other days (24th/26th) are now gone...I'll have to check that so thanks for that idea.

EDIT: the 'date uploaded' is highlighted (meaning I can only click date photo taken as my choice so I assume date uploaded is the way its set)

I just tried to click on 'date photo taken', and it seems to let me, but when I go BACK to that area, the date uploaded is still highlighted...so the change isnt taking anyway

What did Cinderella say when she left the photo shop? "One day my prints will come."

• Options
    edited August 28, 2008
    DJKennedy wrote:
    I'll have to check but I just noticed that the photos I uploaded the other days (24th/26th) are now gone...I'll have to check that so thanks for that idea.

EDIT: the 'date uploaded' is highlighted (meaning I can only click date photo taken as my choice so I assume date uploaded is the way its set)

I just tried to click on 'date photo taken', and it seems to let me, but when I go BACK to that area, the date uploaded is still highlighted...so the change isnt taking anyway

I now can't see anything for any date in a date search on your site. According to the help page for date search, there's an interaction between this and your SmugIslands settings, though it doesn't explain that interaction very well. My guess is that you've somehow changed a SmugIsland settings that has removed all your images from the search index so the timeline view has nothing to show for your site.

If you change your SmugIslands settings, it will take awhile for the images to get re-indexed so you will have to be patient to find out if it worked.

Of course, it's also possible that something is just busted on Smugmug's end of things. I now see that the timeline on my account doesn't work either.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
  • Options
    edited August 28, 2008
    jfriend wrote:
    I now can't see anything for any date in a date search on your site. According to the help page for date search, there's an interaction between this and your SmugIslands settings, though it doesn't explain that interaction very well. My guess is that you've somehow changed a SmugIsland settings that has removed all your images from the search index so the timeline view has nothing to show for your site.

If you change your SmugIslands settings, it will take awhile for the images to get re-indexed so you will have to be patient to find out if it worked.
    *Trust me* I never changed any SI settings nor any other settings, but I'll check that out...

Ok, both settings are set to yes so I see no problem? And my dates are set to show the last two weeks.

Stoopid thing. It was working sorta fine until I said something now its totally broken! eek7.gif

I'm outa ideas.

Oh, didnt see your comment about yours not working either so that makes me feel better :)

Thanks for your help though!

Derek

• Options
    edited August 28, 2008
    DJKennedy wrote:
    *Trust me* I never changed any SI settings nor any other settings, but I'll check that out...

Ok, both settings are set to yes so I see no problem? And my dates are set to show the last two weeks.

Stoopid thing. It was working sorta fine until I said something now its totally broken! eek7.gif

I'm outa ideas.

Oh, didnt see your comment about yours not working either so that makes me feel better :)

I think you should report it to Smugmug using their help email address. I think the timeline view is busted. It isn't working on my account either.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
  • Options
    edited August 28, 2008
    jfriend wrote:
    I think you should report it to Smugmug using their help email address. I think the timeline view is busted. It isn't working on my account either.

Msg sent...stop watch activated mwink.gif

• Options
    BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    edited August 28, 2008
    DJKennedy wrote:
    Msg sent...stop watch activated mwink.gif

Hi,

We're looking into it. Sorry for the trouble!
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    edited August 28, 2008
    Can you check now and see if all is okay?
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    edited August 28, 2008
    Barb wrote:

Only 2 photos (instead of 6) are showing but let me check on my settings in case I changed them...yup: I guess I did actually change them earlier when I tried to click on the link but it didnt seem to do anything until you fixed what ever was broke....

Working perfectly now Barb - thanks! bowdown.gif

EDIT: actually one of the last photos posted is not showing up....

Derek

• Options
    edited August 28, 2008
    Barb wrote:

Mine seems to be working again. I can't say whether it's exact or not, but it is showing lots of photos that it should be showing and it used to be empty.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
  • Options
    edited August 28, 2008
    jfriend wrote:
    Mine seems to be working again. I can't say whether it's exact or not, but it is showing lots of photos that it should be showing and it used to be empty.

And mine is working properly now as well.

Thanks Barb!