Options

Falls

KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
edited April 14, 2005 in Holy Macro
Not as good as greapers shot, but I like how the water in the middle had an icicle look to it.

19222990-L.jpg

I then took a head on closeup to get the icicle effect more in the picture. I used a faster shutter speed which then looked more like a funky textured thin sheet of ice.
19222994-L.jpg

Same shot in B&W.
19222998-L.jpg

Slow shutter.
19223002-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Eric&SusanEric&Susan Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2005
    I like the effect of the B&W.thumb.gif I also like the slow shutter speed, maybe reshoot this one with a tripod to make the back ground more in focus. Just my .02

Eric
    "My dad taught me everything I know, unfortunately he didn't teach me everything he knows" Dale Earnhardt Jr

It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

http://photosbyeric.smugmug.com
  • Options
    KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2005
    Eric&Susan wrote:
    I like the effect of the B&W.thumb.gif I also like the slow shutter speed, maybe reshoot this one with a tripod to make the back ground more in focus. Just my .02

Eric
    Thanks.

I just ordered my new tripod today from B&H. A nice light one by Slik, built for the outdoor hiking shots. I'll be testing it next week.
  • Options
    4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2005
    I like the first one. IMHO I would have made the diagonals more pronounced
  • Options
    wholenewlightwholenewlight Registered Users Posts: 1,529 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2005
    #2 and it's b&W version #3, are my favorites. While I usually like a slower shutter speed on water to give a motion blur, I like your stop action. It gives the water an abstract look - like ice or maybe crystal. But because of the framing, it's hard for the viewer to know for sure.

Something for you to keep playing with . . .

thumb.gifthumb
    john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
    Edward Steichen