Options

Feature request X 2

JamesJWegJamesJWeg Registered Users Posts: 795 Major grins
edited April 15, 2005 in SmugMug Support
1. a way to arrange catagories which will NEVER change unless we change it. Right now I am arranging galleries to get my catagories how I want them, then I add a gallery and have to do it all over again even though I am useing "Auto-sort by Position" not by "Most Recent".

2. Maybe I am alone in this but I often am creating a duplicate of certain photo's into another gallery, could we please get a "Copy" feature added which worked just like move except that I copy of the photo went to the gallery that you select and the original stays put.

While you are here THANKS A MILLION!!! for the control panel, that was a wonderful idea, I like it more everyday.

James.

Comments

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2005
    James,
    JamesJWeg wrote:
    2. Maybe I am alone in this but I often am creating a duplicate of certain photo's into another gallery, could we please get a "Copy" feature added which worked just like move except that I copy of the photo went to the gallery that you select and the original stays put.

James.
    Actually, "copy" has been there for quite some time. In phototools, it called "Make 2d Copy". Once you do it, you can move it to a different place.

It's not the unix-style link, so it'd take twice as much space, but since space is unlimited anyway...:D

HTH
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    JamesJWegJamesJWeg Registered Users Posts: 795 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2005
    Nikolai wrote:
    Actually, "copy" has been there for quite some time. In phototools, it called "Make 2d Copy". Once you do it, you can move it to a different place.

It's not the unix-style link, so it'd take twice as much space, but since space is unlimited anyway...:D

HTH
    I know, I use that now, BUT then I have to sort back through the gallery and find them again and move them to the gallery I want, VERY slow and VERY annoying. What I am looking for is a feature just like move, but it makes a secound copy in the target gallery.

James.
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2005
    I see..
    JamesJWeg wrote:
    I know, I use that now, BUT then I have to sort back through the gallery and find them again and move them to the gallery I want, VERY slow and VERY annoying. What I am looking for is a feature just like move, but it makes a secound copy in the target gallery.

James.
    .. and understand. Hopefully, Onethumb will cover "copy" with API some day, then me and other 3d party guys would be able to address this issue and streamline this process..

Cheers!1drink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"