Options

Umbrella Mill

Eric&SusanEric&Susan Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
edited April 15, 2005 in Landscapes
There is a flour mill near by that still makes flour using a water driven mill for a power source. They also serve sandwich's for lunch. Outside they have an eating area with umbrellas on the tables. I like the idea but for some reason I don't think to umbrellas "pop" enough in the pic. Any suggestion or ideas?

3436733923232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2338%3D6%3A%3B%3D377%3DXROQDF%3E23237%3C63255%3C8ot1lsi

Thanks in advance for any comments,

Eric
"My dad taught me everything I know, unfortunately he didn't teach me everything he knows" Dale Earnhardt Jr

It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

http://photosbyeric.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    SusanBSusanB Registered Users Posts: 281 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2005
    Eric&Susan wrote:
    There is a flour mill near by that still makes flour using a water driven mill for a power source. They also serve sandwich's for lunch. Outside they have an eating area with umbrellas on the tables. I like the idea but for some reason I don't think to umbrellas "pop" enough in the pic. Any suggestion or ideas?

Thanks in advance for any comments,

Eric
    Hi Eric,

My first impression was that they popped quite nicely. Then I read your post. I like the green of the water wheel too. If you are not quite satisfied and haven't tried this yet: how about reducing the saturation just a bit of everything except for the wheel and the umbrellas and/or even boosting the saturation on the umbrellas?

Nice image too,

Susan
  • Options
    edited April 14, 2005
    I already tried upping the saturation on the whole pic and then erasing it except for the umbrellas and the green in the wheel. Maybe they do pop enough and I'm just to critical. After all I am my toughest critic rolleyes1.gif

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Eric
    "My dad taught me everything I know, unfortunately he didn't teach me everything he knows" Dale Earnhardt Jr

• Options
    edited April 15, 2005
    Anybody else have any thoughts on this pic? I really like it and I'm open to suggestions for making it better.

Eric

• Options
    MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2005
    I think this is a wonderful shot. I really like the contrast between the old water mill and the modern umbrellas. They have plenty of "pop" on my monitor. If you photoshop out the wires on the building, I would think you have a real keeper.

You should show this to the owner of the mill. He'll want to buy a copy and proudly display your work!thumb.gif

mitch
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2005
    Great shot clap.gif