Options

Picasa2 Uploading issues

gabulldawggabulldawg Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited September 2, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I have loaded the latest "Smug Mug Button" into Picasa2. Select a picture and then click the button. Smug Mug window opens to let me select a category/gallery. I select one (I've even added a new one through this process), then press "Upload". Little box shows processing/uploading and then results screen says "Success! All 0 of your photos were uploaded". Not too successful I'd say... I've been able to upload using "Simple" and "Send to Smugmug" and even sent from iPhone, but can not get Picasa to work. I've tried with same results at someone elses home as well as work. Home I have Vista, work I have XP Pro. I've turned off firewall as well but no go.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Kevin

Comments

• Options
    docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited August 31, 2008
    Kevin,

I am not exactly sure what might be causing your problem. But, I will get one of the other heros to respond that may know. Please hang in there as it is a holiday weekend and not everyone is available at this time.

I did check your upload log and did not see any errors so it seems that the photos are not making it to us.

I am glad to hear that the simple uploader is working as that is one of the tests we ask when there are problems.

--Doc
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com
  • Options
    docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited August 31, 2008
    Can I get some details from you so I can forward to the programmers?

What OS are you using? Can you tell me what file type you are trying to upload?
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com
  • Options
    gabulldawggabulldawg Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited September 2, 2008
    docwalker wrote:
    Can I get some details from you so I can forward to the programmers?

What OS are you using? Can you tell me what file type you are trying to upload?

At home I'm using XP Home Edition and another computer using Vista, work I'm using XP Professional. File is a jpg and I've tried several files from small (50k to 2MB files). I've also tried multiple files and just one file. I've also tried "Send to SmugMug" application and have no problems. It only appears to be with Picasa. Hope I can get it to work because that is definately the application I'd like to use to upload.

When I look at the log, this is the error message... "Message: upload problem: wrong bytes received"

Thanks for your help.