TwistedJTwistedJ Registered Users Posts: 193 Major grins
edited September 2, 2008 in Nikon Land
Sold mod please delete.

Comments

• Options
    JasonLJasonL Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2008
    shipped
    Hello, is that price shipped? if not what would shipping be to 07002. NJ thanks
    So many toy's not enough money !

Nikon D300s. Nikon D40, Nikon FE, Nikon F
    Ansco Ancoset Rangefinder, Rolleiflex TLR Sb800, sb400

Nikon 18-200 VR, nikon 18-55 II, Sigma 10 20 HSM, 50mm f1.8 ai-s, 50mm Non Ai f1.4
  • Options
    edited August 29, 2008
    JasonL wrote:
    Hello, is that price shipped? if not what would shipping be to 07002. NJ thanks

yes it is ships UPS three day ground.
  • Options
    SeymoreSeymore Banned Posts: 1,539 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2008
    Jen... MODs don't DEL, but I'm sure the good Dr will change the subject line to reflect it has sold. Glad to see you found it a new home. thumb.gif
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited August 31, 2008
    J - what about helping out your fellow photogs!?! Please don't delete the contents of your FS posts. Many people depend on the archives here to research fair prices based on previous listings.

:cry

I've changed the title, although it's not much use now.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    edited September 1, 2008
    DoctorIt wrote:
    J - what about helping out your fellow photogs!?! Please don't delete the contents of your FS posts. Many people depend on the archives here to research fair prices based on previous listings.

:cry

I've changed the title, although it's not much use now.

Erik this is twice I have offended you, I'm so so sorry...... I'll leave your part of the board. Some quick answers to PM's would have been helpful but I didn't get any. In fact delete my account. And you are a rude moderator. Moderators are suppose to help not complain. You have never answered one PM from me.
  • Options
    edited September 1, 2008
    TwistedJ wrote:
    Erik this is twice I have offended you, I'm so so sorry...... I'll leave your part of the board. Some quick answers to PM's would have been helpful but I didn't get any. In fact delete my account. And you are a rude moderator. Moderators are suppose to help not complain. You have never answered one PM from me.
    eek7.gif

I'm speechless on this one, coming totally out of left field.
    Erik

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2008
    TwistedJ wrote:
    Erik busts his butt here and for years has had the smoothest flea market in the history of the interwebs. I'm sorry you had a bad experience. Don't blame Erik.

Deleting posts is like using our store and then not even saying "thanks" - think about that. umph.gif
  • Options
    ernanny2003ernanny2003 Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited September 1, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Erik busts his butt here and for years has had the smoothest flea market in the history of the interwebs. I'm sorry you had a bad experience. Don't blame Erik.

Deleting posts is like using our store and then not even saying "thanks" - think about that. umph.gif

How is Smugmug and Digital Grin connected? Do they own each other? I too have had problems with trying to get help selling items. Where are the guidelines saying leave up what you sell?
  • Options
    edited September 1, 2008
    How is Smugmug and Digital Grin connected? Do they own each other? I too have had problems with trying to get help selling items. Where are the guidelines saying leave up what you sell?
    See the top navbar - the DGrin forums are "powered by SmugMug :D"
    (Yes, DGrin is owned by SmugMug, but run by us volunteer mods - we are not Smug employees)

What sort of problems have you had? Remember this is a flea market, we provide the table and space under the tent, the rest is still up to you. Here's a general thread I started with some tips/links/examples.

The guidelines, which are linked in my signature below, currently state the following:
    We do not delete threads, they are very useful for price and product research for other dgrinners - do them a favor and leave the sale info in your original post.
    Erik

• Options
    edited September 1, 2008
    problems getting help but I figured it out. If one is not welcomed on DG I wouldn't think they would be welcomed at Smugmug. I know this board is rather advance and I had trouble learning how to post my equipment but finally managed.
  • Options
    edited September 1, 2008
    problems getting help but I figured it out. If one is not welcomed on DG I wouldn't think they would be welcomed at Smugmug.
    I would like to be clear on this point:

SmugMug is an online photo hosting service, a business.

DGrin is a digital photography discussion forum, a place to talk, a community.

While DGrin is owned and hosted on SmugMug servers, they are not one and the same. As for being "welcome", not sure where you're going with this? See above.
    Erik

• Options
    edited September 1, 2008
    DoctorIt wrote:
    I would like to be clear on this point:

SmugMug is an online photo hosting service, a business.

DGrin is a digital photography discussion forum, a place to talk, a community.

While DGrin is owned and hosted on SmugMug servers, they are not one and the same. As for being "welcome", not sure where you're going with this? See above.

Em, just had questions as a newbie. I spent good money at Smugmug joining and buying an account. Want to make sure if my toes get stepped on here for doing the least thing wrong how they are connected.
  • Options
    edited September 1, 2008
    It's just a courtesy thing, so that people down the road can see what's sold and for how much.

SmugMug owns Dgrin.
  • Options
    edited September 1, 2008
    Em, just had questions as a newbie. I spent good money at Smugmug joining and buying an account. Want to make sure if my toes get stepped on here for doing the least thing wrong how they are connected.
    Where did you ask the questions? If we failed I want know how, and why so we can do right for you and improve.

Thanks.
  • Options
    edited September 1, 2008
    I think you should kick back and get to know this place a bit. I'm not sure why you're working yourself up about toe-stepping and hostility - this thread is a very rare case (and to be blunt, not our fault).

Share some photos, discuss, buy/sell, whatever! :D
    Erik

• Options
    edited September 1, 2008
    Want to make sure if my toes get stepped on here for doing the least thing wrong how they are connected.
    This isn't one of those other boards like D
    or F
    :)
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2008

On Dgrin you are judged solely on your interactions on Dgrin. Just treat people with respect and follow our very minimal rules, and you'll be fine.

SmugMug has some of the thickest skin in the world. I challenge you to piss them off. They'll just keep trying to make sure you're happy. :D

IOW: don't worry about it. While we're not completely separate, there has never been a case (nor would there ever be) of one affecting the other.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    edited September 2, 2008
    I just felt sorry for TJ because I sold things on here in the past few weeks and deleted what the content of the message was and just wrote sold. I have seen in another thread where TJ was repremended by Doctor It. Makes me wonder what his problem is with her. I read a lot of her post under Macro and she always seemed courteous to me. As for my problem late answers on Pms.
  • Options
    edited September 2, 2008
    I just felt sorry for TJ because I sold things on here in the past few weeks and deleted what the content of the message was and just wrote sold. I have seen in another thread where TJ was repremended by Doctor It. Makes me wonder what his problem is with her. I read a lot of her post under Macro and she always seemed courteous to me. As for my problem late answers on Pms.
    I'm sorry you got late answers on PMs, you don't say from whom. If by Doc, well, Doc is a volunteer, and he has a life :D He probably gets 20x the PMs that you get. It can get to be a bit of a chore, eh?

We don't like it when members delete content - it's not fair to the rest of the Dgrin members and future people that may benefit from the info.
  • Options
    edited September 2, 2008
    I have seen in another thread where TJ was repremended by Doctor It. Makes me wonder what his problem is with her.
    I'm sorry but this is getting ridiculous, it really is.

How on earth can this be construed as "reprimanding":
    Please don't delete the contents of your FS posts. Many people depend on the archives here to research fair prices based on previous listings.
    ne_nau.gifheadscratch.gif

It's a very simple request, based on a guideline put forth for this forum.

As for the "other" instance. I now remember it exactly. J started multiple threads that were essentially identical, cross-listing the same items. I did my usual merging and left a note to that effect, because it was not only unnecessary but very confusing to potential buyers. In that case, as this one, I was looking out for people on this forum. Only in that case, I was also trying to help J, as she was losing potential buyers who had no idea what was actually for sale, for how much, etc. For review, here is the case in question - I went out of my way to be clear I was trying to help, and at the end, I was thanked, I thought it was all good. Now this?
    Erik

• Options
    edited September 2, 2008
    DoctorIt wrote:
    I'm sorry but this is getting ridiculous, it really is.

How on earth can this be construed as "reprimanding":
    Please don't delete the contents of your FS posts. Many people depend on the archives here to research fair prices based on previous listings.
    ne_nau.gifheadscratch.gif

It's a very simple request, based on a guideline put forth for this forum.

As for the "other" instance. I now remember it exactly. J started multiple threads that were essentially identical, cross-listing the same items. I did my usual merging and left a note to that effect, because it was not only unnecessary but very confusing to potential buyers. In that case, as this one, I was looking out for people on this forum. Only in that case, I was also trying to help J, as she was losing potential buyers who had no idea what was actually for sale, for how much, etc. For review, here is the case in question - I went out of my way to be clear I was trying to help, and at the end, I was thanked, I thought it was all good. Now this?

I emailed her today and she was very embarrassed by the way she was treated. She sent copies of Pm's that were never answered. I know her from doing biz with her. Her D40 didn't sell here that is why she deleted it. I think stuff like this should have been handled in PM's if she violated rules etc. Hurts me to see a member leave because of confussion. If you read the thread you did sound snobbish to her. But it is done and she is gone from here. I hate it.
  • Options
    edited September 2, 2008
    I emailed her today and she was very embarrassed by the way she was treated. She sent copies of Pm's that were never answered. I know her from doing biz with her. Her D40 didn't sell here that is why she deleted it. I think stuff like this should have been handled in PM's if she violated rules etc. Hurts me to see a member leave because of confussion. If you read the thread you did sound snobbish to her. But it is done and she is gone from here. I hate it.
    Goodness, can we get over it? We have 5 years of amazing transactions here on Dgrin's flea market. I'm sorry this one didn't go well, really and truly.

Doctorit does an AMAZING job here for all of us. This is a free service and is modded by a volunteer.

If you don't like the Dgrin Flea Market, or the moderator here, I'm so sorry - and we do appreciate your feedback really - but we have 5 years and gobs and gobs (thousands and thousands!) of happy satisfied buyers and sellers - way to many to count :D Sorry!