Options

You start appreciating a full day wedding ....

AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
edited September 3, 2008 in Weddings
... when you have 3 of those ... IN A ROW ... - The bad thing is, I only finished my first day, and I'm soo tired & in pain!! :help

Thanks for listening, I just needed to "vent" ...

Comments

• Options
    SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2008
    Ouchie.......that's gotta hurt.....3 in a row? You're braver than I am....hehe....just think of all the sitting you'll get to do post processing....heheh, for like the next 3 weeks rolleyes1.gif
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • Options
    edited August 29, 2008
    Swartzy wrote:
    Ouchie.......that's gotta hurt.....3 in a row? You're braver than I am....hehe....just think of all the sitting you'll get to do post processing....heheh, for like the next 3 weeks rolleyes1.gif

Or more, ... I barely finished last Saturday's wedding, but had 7 portrait shootings last Sunday, so I am WAY behind at the moment :cry, but at least I won't have any weddings for 2weeks. I think by this weekend I'll be weddingt' out for a while headscratch.gif
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2008
    I kinda know your pain. I've done a couple of week-ends where I had two all-day weddings on two successive days. It took me three days to recover and I really wasn't even close to 100% for the second. I really can't imagine doing a 3-fur. Wow!
  • Options
    ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2008
    Share the wealth
    What a good problem to have...can I share your pain, please? My wedding calendar is awfully light. Thank goodness for portraits and other events.
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com
  • Options
    edited August 30, 2008
    Well, I DO appreciate the weddings, just wish they wouldn't be on the same weekend. So it's actually 2 weddings, but both of them got spread out over 2 days each, so 3 days total - 1.5 days each (one is indian, the other cambodian) .... I just couldn't have EVER said no to one of them, especially since one of them was one of my old work colleagues. And I LOVE international weddings, all the ceremoonies I had sofar, were sooo wonderful.

Boy, but the cambodian wedding was definitely exhausting. The groom & bride started at 6am (having slept 2h the night before) - I didn't start until 8am, and it went on until 9pm .... I could have never imagined going through all of those ceremonies AND keep smiling.

I am feeling VERY lucky to have been invited to share both of those weddings, and feel very honored, .... but boy, what a weekend! thumb.gif
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2008
    I thought two in one weekend was bad..
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2008
    Hope there's at least a good financial reward working 1 wedding for 13 hours, not to mention the upcoming processing. eek7.gif
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited September 2, 2008
    evoryware wrote:
    Hope there's at least a good financial reward working 1 wedding for 13 hours, not to mention the upcoming processing. eek7.gif

Nope, the groom was a friend from mine and I did it basically for free, and the other wedding ... they paid, but I didn't ask to get paid for my extra hours (I stayed for 3 extra hours at the reception) as everybody was running late .... allllll the time (but don't they always do that?) + they were friends of my neighbors, so I was glad to stay longer (eventhough I was exhausted by the end of the 3rd day)

... so ..... not a good weekend $$$-wise, but I would do it again in a heart beat ... well, in a year or so .... after I recovered from this marathon, haha rolleyes1.gif I had definitely a wedding (photography) hungover yesterday! Boy!!

Some of the photos can be seen on my blog, won't post them here, might start a thread at some point with a few, but now I need to get to work :beatwax

This weekend's damage: 7,200 photos!!! :hang
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2008
    7200?! eek7.gif

Good luck on those!!
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    edited September 2, 2008
    7200?! eek7.gif

Good luck on those!!

:cry
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2008
    7.200 pics
    Oh, Angie.
    I feel your pain. (translation: been there)

:D
  • Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2008
    :yikes
    I don't know how you do it Angie, but it looks like you have already got a LOT done by the looks of your blog!!!! Just GORGEOUS. Your work is so yummy.

(And anytime you want to sell those nifty templates of yours to make those collages, let me know!! they rock! clap.gif)
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Options
    edited September 2, 2008
    Yeah ... thanks Heather & Urbanies! Don't even know where to start, I still haven't finished working on my (boudoir) shooting from the Sunday before, and I need to get the b-pic albums ordered before their weddings .... hmmmm ... please shoot me.

Luckily I don't have any weddings for 2 weeks ... but did book a trash the dress for this Sat ... should be fun, guess it's a birthday gift for myself, even though it just means more work for me rolleyes1.gifdgrin

And as for the template, easy peasy in PS :D
  • Options
    dangindangin Registered Users Posts: 458 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2008
    i've had doubles every weekend since 8/8/08; actually it was a triple that weekend. one more double weekend then it's just saturdays now through the end of october.

all i can say is the monday morning after a double is killer! :cry
    - Dan

- my photography: www.dangin.com
    - my blog: www.dangin.com/blog
    - follow me on twitter: @danginphoto