Options

domain not all of a sudden not working

eventsevents Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
edited September 4, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I created a domain when I opened my account for purposes of linking here.

www.photographevents.biz

which always took me to:

photographevents.smugmug.com

Now I get this error:

<H1>Invalid URL

The requested URL "/", is invalid.
Reference #9.2de1eacd.1220494778.0
</H1>
I checked to be sure the CNAME still existed in the DNS as it does, nothing changed on my end that I can tell, but my domain name no longer takes me to my smugmug page?

Thanks in advance,
Lew
Lew
Your event, our Camera!
PhotographEvents.Biz
PhotographEvents.Com

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited September 3, 2008
    See this thread - http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=104425 - for help given to others having the same problem.

--- Denise
  • Options
    eventsevents Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited September 4, 2008
    See this thread - http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=104425 - for help given to others having the same problem.

--- Denise

Hiya... despite that link saying the instructions never said to do it the way I did, they did. But I have changed my cname as instructed but the problem still exists. Maybe it is just a propagation delay, but I am not so sure. Normally my DNS changes propagate overnight but that one hasn't as it works the same way it did yesterday.

Thanks,

Lew
    Lew
    Your event, our Camera!
    PhotographEvents.Biz
    PhotographEvents.Com
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2008
    events wrote:
    Hiya... despite that link saying the instructions never said to do it the way I did, they did. But I have changed my cname as instructed but the problem still exists. Maybe it is just a propagation delay, but I am not so sure. Normally my DNS changes propagate overnight but that one hasn't as it works the same way it did yesterday.

Thanks,

Lew
    Hi Lew, please take it to our Help Desk, ATTN: Doc in the Subject Line. We'll get you sorted out fast thumb.gif