Options

Anyone know of any temp internet credit cards?

GerryDavidGerryDavid Registered Users Posts: 439 Major grins
edited April 16, 2005 in The Big Picture
Does anyone know of any temporary internet credit cards that are legit?

Ive heard of www.webcertificate.com that lets you create them, but the site doesnt look professional and its making me question how legit it is. Also their minimum amount is $20 plus a $3 charge. I was thinking something more like $5.

My fiancee signed up for the free ipod thing, but since she doesnt have a credit card its making the next step hard. Most of the promotions need her address to be the same as the info on the credit card, so she cant use my card. Tobad these promotions just didnt take paypal, or if paypal had a credit card feature, at least it doesnt that I know of.

So im looking for a gift certificate that comes in the form of a credit card. Any tips?

Comments

• Options
    dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2005
    Webcertificate.com is legit I have used them several times. You can also get them from your bank. Also those free ipod, camera, etc, emails are scames. you will sign up for the services, the spammer will get a commision and you will get nothing but a bill for services you didn't really want.
    Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
    www.zxstudios.com
    http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited April 15, 2005
    Webcertificate.com is legit I have used them several times. You can also get them from your bank. Also those free ipod, camera, etc, emails are scames. you will sign up for the services, the spammer will get a commision and you will get nothing but a bill for services you didn't really want.
    Actually I know some people that have already received thier free ipod, photo ipod and something else. So im sure all the deals that this company is doing is legit. Im not sure why the referral # is so small, but im not complaining. It means I can get it faster.

If it seems to good to be true, it probably is, but sometimes its not. This seems to be one of those situations.

You only have to sign up with one promotion yourself and it can cost you as little as $1, and a few of them you make $20-$50 in gift certificates.

If you are interested in trying the ipod thing out, you can go to www.freeiPods.com/?r=16962059 and check them out. The promotion im thinking of going with is the $20 lowes gift certificate, $50 star club rewards gift certificate *you have to pay for 2 months membership, so you end up with $23 in gift certificate good at best buy* or a $20 circuit city gift certificate. Im leaning towards the star club one since you get 20% reward money up to $100 a year from each store. I may have to buy my dslr from best buy if I do this, hehe.

You just need 5 friends that are willing to sign up and you can get the ipod.
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,206 moderator
    edited April 16, 2005
    DJ.gif
    Page 96 in the May 2005 Popular Science has a ½ page article on the free Ipod phenom. Legit, kinda, but with lots of hoops to jump through. Don't use your main email address. Try not to hassle friends and relatives for the referrals, or they might not talk to you for a while. Watch all the fine print, and be careful.
    deal.gif
    yelrotflmao.gif

But when you get the thing, are you going to store pictures on it too?

GerryDavid wrote:
    Does anyone know of any temporary internet credit cards that are legit?
    My fiancee signed up for the free ipod thing,.............
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    edited April 16, 2005
    But when you get the thing, are you going to store pictures on it too?
    This one wont be the photo ipod, Ill work on that one next. Ill probably use it to backup cf cards once I get a dslr, but I hear its battery life sucks if you do that, may only be able to do one 1gb cf card before the battery dies.