Options

I need help Uploading in bulk

AshleaAshlea Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited September 8, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Hello everyone! Im hoping someone can answer my question. I usually resize my photos in photoshop, but I havent figured out a more efficient way to resize many photos at one time. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have photoshop cs2 and ACDSee Pro.

Also what is a good size to put up on the website so that people can still order prints? I dont want to make them so big that it slows the website down or the uploading process.

My website address is www.ElizabethAshleaPhotography.com. Wolf Snap Photography just did all the customization for my website and it looks great!

I look forward to hearing from everyone! Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2008
    Hi Elizabeth,

Photoshop should work just fine for bulk image processing. Have a look here.

If you would like people to be able to order prints, I wouldn't recommend to resize the photos. Rather, use our proof delay feature on your galleries and upload higher compressed proof shots. Once an order is placed, you can replace the photos with high-quality shots using the replace feature on the proof-delay order page.
    More details on proof-delay are here.

Here are our details on how to prepare your files best for uploading.

I hope this helps,
    Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    ClubFlysClubFlys Registered Users Posts: 95 Big grins
    edited September 8, 2008
    I upload hundreds of photos every week for the event photography that I do. I found it best to upload my images at 1100 - 1600 pixels on longest side.

However, my work flow starts with using Adobe Lightroom which allows for resizing during export. After I export, I upload right to SM. I don't do much work in Photoshop so it is rare that I use it unless for my normal photography. Even then, I still use Lightroom before working with Photoshop.