Options

girls lacrosse (10 pictures)

binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
edited April 16, 2005 in Sports
the weather in new york has been sunny and mid 50s for the past week so i've been getting some good sports pictures. these are all shot with digital rebel and 70-200 2.8L, please tell me what you think. i hope 10 pictures isn't too much, and as always, the rest are on my website binghott.com

19661562-M.jpg

19661570-M.jpg

19661577-M.jpg

19661601-M.jpg

19661741-M.jpg

19661809-M.jpg

19661842-M.jpg

19661947-M.jpg
is she looking right at me?

19661982-M.jpg

19662038-M.jpg
i know one girl is out of focus, but i still really like this picture.

Comments

• Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2005
    Some really good ones here and I bet this sport is at least as hard to shoot as soccer. This one is almost a dream shot:

19661842-S.jpg

I split second later and the ball would have been closer to her and that would have been even better.

19661562-S.jpg

I love this shot.

You can sell these to the parents for sure. Have a b-card made with your smugmug address and give away at the games.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,911 moderator
    edited April 16, 2005
    Very nice shots here! I like the look in the first shot. Almost frightening!

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited April 16, 2005
    Bing,

I agree with Rutt. These should sell well to their parents. All are very sharp and exposed well (the 2nd one is a touch dark). I also agree that the "shot on goal" image is a winner thumb.gifthumb.gif The girl in the first and second shot sure can come up with some fierce looks.....lol Like you, I think that last one is super clap.gifclap.gif

Thanks for sharing,
    Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    MongrelMongrel Registered Users Posts: 622 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2005
    Very well done...
    especially with a Rebel. I shot quite a bit of lacrosse and field hockey with my Rebel, so I know first hand what an accomplishment this is. Looks like the 70-200 f/2.8L performed great as well. You have a good eye for the sport.

I may be wrong, but I believe the shot with the goalie and ball in the air, is not a shot on goal, but rather a picture of the goalie "throwing out" the ball.

Anthony
    If every keystroke was a shutter press I'd be a pro by now...
  • Options
    binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2005
    rutt wrote:
    I bet this sport is at least as hard to shoot as soccer
    i don't know why, but for the most part, i've been having a really easy time shooting (both boys and girls) lacrosse, and right now it's probably my favorite sport to shoot. i guess theres just so much to capture. i havent tried shooting soccer yet with my rebel, i used to try and horribly fail with my powershot g3, but i probably wont get a chance for a little while because soccer is a fall sport in our high schools.
    rutt wrote:
    Have a b-card made with your smugmug address and give away at the games.
    thanks, i've been doing that, such a good investment: 1000 business cards for $25 at staples. love it.
    Mongrel wrote:
    I may be wrong, but I believe the shot with the goalie and ball in the air, is not a shot on goal, but rather a picture of the goalie "throwing out" the ball.
    haha, sorrry, you are wrong.duel.gif
    if you look closely at the larger image you can see her eyes are focused on the ball.
    19661842-L.jpg