Options

Tax Day excitement at the airport post office

DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
edited April 16, 2005 in Holy Macro
So we picked up our taxes on Tax Day, and then drove to South San Francisco to the post office near the airport. The roads have changed a bit, but Ed knew the way, then lo and behold, there it was a flashing sign saying Tax Returns... with moving arrows yet!

It was dark in the car and when I saw the sign I just thought it was the funniest thing I've ever seen, in the circumstances. (I guess you had to be there and understand my sense of humor, usually there's a person or a hand lettered sign on the corner where you need to turn.)

So I wanted to grab a photo since I could see the light was red. Had to reach down for the purse, unlock the latch, pull the camera out, take off the lens cap, meanwhile watching the light and hoping it wouldn't change.

I tried taking my first picture and took my finger off the shutter wondering what was wrong, in a panic because the light was going to turn. No green focus light, no focus indicators... but the light was going to change...I tried again, and in the second movie you hear Ed saying, I hope you got that, and me realizing what was going on, saying... You know what I got, a Mooooovvvvieeeeee.

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2005
    lol3.gif

nice one, dee, story, too. email me the movie and i'll host it for you if you want!
  • Options
    DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2005
    Thanks Andy and David
    andy wrote:
    lol3.gif

nice one, dee, story, too. email me the movie and i'll host it for you if you want!

A friend I e-mailed the movie to thought the noise of the turn signal indicator sounded like a clock ticking down the deadline hour!

If enough people respond and want to see it I'll send it to you...