Options

uploading with ACDSee

everydaymemorieseverydaymemories Registered Users Posts: 75 Big grins
edited September 10, 2008 in SmugMug Support
My ACDSee crashes sometimes when I use it to upload photos to Smugmug. I'm just 4 days into the smugmug trial period and acdsee has crashed for about half the downloads I've attempted. Any idea why?

It's especially annoying because ACDSee shuts down and refuses to open again until I've restarted my computer! Grrr... I've got to go restart now.
Michele
michelekendzie.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2008
    My ACDSee crashes sometimes when I use it to upload photos to Smugmug. I'm just 4 days into the smugmug trial period and acdsee has crashed for about half the downloads I've attempted. Any idea why?

It's especially annoying because ACDSee shuts down and refuses to open again until I've restarted my computer! Grrr... I've got to go restart now.
    Hi everydaymemories! Welcome to Dgrin and SmugMug wave.gif
    Have you tried any other uploaders? If so do they crash or give you errors? Can you try the Simple uploader and see if that works for you: http://www.smugmug.com/help/upload-pictures.

When ACDSee crashes do you get any errors or messages? Are you attempting to upload a large amount of photos at once? If so does it still crash when you do smaller amounts?
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • Options
    mike.strockmike.strock Registered Users Posts: 147 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2008
    gluwater wrote:
    Hi everydaymemories! Welcome to Dgrin and SmugMug wave.gif
    Have you tried any other uploaders? If so do they crash or give you errors? Can you try the Simple uploader and see if that works for you: http://www.smugmug.com/help/upload-pictures.

When ACDSee crashes do you get any errors or messages? Are you attempting to upload a large amount of photos at once? If so does it still crash when you do smaller amounts?

I'm also curious what version of ACDSee you are using? Since you are using another non-browser based upload utility, try Star*Explorer (www.starexplorer.com) and see if it works better for you than ACDSee.

Mike.
  • Options
    dmcdmc Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
    edited September 10, 2008
    working for me...
    FYI: I use acdsee Pro and its uploader all the time.... never has crashed on me... ne_nau.gif