Options

Moving Water

dugmardugmar Registered Users Posts: 756 Major grins
edited April 7, 2004 in Wildlife
Well, last week we had 7.5" of rain in 3 days. Needless to say the rivers and streams were overflowing. Here are some moving water shots I took of the Powow river in downtown Amesbury, MA. Pretty happy with the "motion" I captured here. Camera setting details are available on my site if you are interested.

http://dugmar.smugmug.com/gallery/92111

3234366-M.jpg

3234364-M.jpg

3234368-M.jpg

3227743-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2004
    Very cool! thumb.gif
  • Options
    tgametgame Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited April 7, 2004
    Scary
    Wow that's really scary stuff. In fact it will give me nightmares tonight!

dugmar wrote:
    Well, last week we had 7.5" of rain in 3 days. Needless to say the rivers and streams were overflowing. Here are some moving water shots I took of the Powow river in downtown Amesbury, MA. Pretty happy with the "motion" I captured here.
    Regards,

Tony Game.

http://www.candlet.plus.com/
  • Options
    SeamaidenSeamaiden Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2004
    Yeah! I got the same feeling, big fear there. Truly emotionally evocative work there, DugM.
    Youth and Enthusiasm
    Are No Match For
    Age and Treachery
  • Options
    dugmardugmar Registered Users Posts: 756 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2004
    Seamaiden wrote:
    Yeah! I got the same feeling, big fear there. Truly emotionally evocative work there, DugM.
    Well, it was scary. Water, moving that swiftly is a very powerful force. The scariest part of it is, the fence (on the 3rd photo down) there were three 10-12 year old kids on the water side of it. Walking down, holding onto the railing. One slip and they would have been done. I screamed at them to get off there, as did two other people that were there. Scary stuff.

Anyway, it was quite a thing to see, and hear.

-Doug
  • Options
    clickclick Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited April 7, 2004
    Cool shots, you can really tell water normally doesn't run through there like that! Those night shots could use some incandescent whitebalance.
  • Options
    SandySandy Registered Users Posts: 762 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2004
    These are very impressive shots, glad it wasn't my street. We don't get much rain here in sunny SoCal.
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,907 moderator
    edited April 7, 2004
    Wow. Captures the force of the water. Great shots.

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2004
    Yes, you really did capture the power of the water. I like #1 a lot. Click, you think white balancing would have gotten rid of the orange color?
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au