Options

Google Maps API Key with customized domain

petebockenpetebocken Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
edited September 12, 2008 in SmugMug Support
So I just setup my google maps key for my smugmug site (thepeas.smugmug.com). But it doesn't work when you go to my customized domain (photos.thepeas.com). I'd much rather have the maps work for my customized domain since that is what I link to from my site and what i'd like my visitors to see. It looks like I can't change the google maps api key now since it is set. How do I get maps to work on both domains or at the very least change my smugmug settings to the api key for photos.thepeas.com?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    edited August 11, 2008
    Nevermind, i found the keys listed in control panel>settings.

Sorry.
    petebocken wrote:
    So I just setup my google maps key for my smugmug site (thepeas.smugmug.com). But it doesn't work when you go to my customized domain (photos.thepeas.com). I'd much rather have the maps work for my customized domain since that is what I link to from my site and what i'd like my visitors to see. It looks like I can't change the google maps api key now since it is set. How do I get maps to work on both domains or at the very least change my smugmug settings to the api key for photos.thepeas.com?

Thanks.
  • Options
    edited August 11, 2008
    I deleted the api key and put in the key for photos.thepeas.com and now i get this error when going to my smugmug site:

The Google Maps API key used on this web site was registered for a different web site. You can generate a new key for this web site at http://code.google.com/apis/maps/.

Shows this on thepeas.smugmug.com but doesn't show the map on photos.thepeas.com
  • Options
    edited August 18, 2008
    Nobody?
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited August 18, 2008
    petebocken wrote:
    Nobody?

Pete,

you should be able to associate multiple google map keys with your SmugMug site.

At the moment, you have the google key associated with your SmugMug site in there. Now go to your control panel using your custom domain, and you will be able to enter the google map key associated with your custom domain.

Hope this makes sense.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited August 18, 2008
    When I go to photos.thepeas.com and click login at the bottom it always brings me back to thepeas.smugmug.com control panel since photos.thepeas.com is a cname.
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited August 18, 2008
    petebocken wrote:
    When I go to photos.thepeas.com and click login at the bottom it always brings me back to thepeas.smugmug.com control panel since photos.thepeas.com is a cname.

once you have logged in, go back to photos.thepeas.com and you should have the same access as from smugmug.com. If you don't, click on one of your galleries, and it should work after that.

If you are still having issues, pm me your google key for photos.thepeas.com and I'll add it for you.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    eventsevents Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited September 9, 2008
    devbobo wrote:
    once you have logged in, go back to photos.thepeas.com and you should have the same access as from smugmug.com. If you don't, click on one of your galleries, and it should work after that.

If you are still having issues, pm me your google key for photos.thepeas.com and I'll add it for you.

Cheers,

David

I have a different problem...I got the API for my domain, photographevents.biz, not thinking I would need one for photographevents.smugmug.com

Now I get an error when I bring up my home page in the control panel telling me to get a new API, but the space where I would put it is a big white block where the map would be. I don't see an option for replacing the bad key with a new one?

Thanks,

Lew
    Lew
    Your event, our Camera!
    PhotographEvents.Biz
    PhotographEvents.Com
  • Options
    kevwilfotokevwilfoto Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited September 12, 2008
    petebocken wrote:

I'm having the same problems as petebocken - it always goes to kevwilfoto.smugmug.com when logged in, and it doesn't like my key for my custom domain because of that.

Is the answer a DNS fix or two keys, or both? I don't see any way to add another key, only I only see a link to delete the one key I do have.