Options

Help screen for Comments...needs a tweak.

papajaypapajay Registered Users Posts: 441 Major grins
edited September 13, 2008 in SmugMug Support
While checking a few of the latest Release Notes, I chanced upon the Visitor Help screen for adding comments. The "samples" of a PHOTO comment and a GALLERY comment look like they are incorrectly applied (PHOTO comment says 'gonna buy a bunch", and GALLERY comment of "BAAAA" is clearly for a single photo, not a gallery).

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2008
    papajay wrote:
    While checking a few of the latest Release Notes, I chanced upon the Visitor Help screen for adding comments. The "samples" of a PHOTO comment and a GALLERY comment look like they are incorrectly applied (PHOTO comment says 'gonna buy a bunch", and GALLERY comment of "BAAAA" is clearly for a single photo, not a gallery).
    Lane - you really want me to ask Anne to change this? It looks fine to me :) I can comment on a photo and say I'm gonna buy a bunch :D

And Smuggy the Sheep always says Baaaahhh.
    See? http://smuggythesheep.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    papajaypapajay Registered Users Posts: 441 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    ...you really want me to ask Anne to change this?]

Well, yes I guess....but only if the objective is to minimize confusion (which I think is what "help" screens are supposed to do.

[It looks fine to me :) I can comment on a photo and say I'm gonna buy a bunch :D]

True, but the way it's presented now will lead to some head-scratching, followed by "Huh?"

Just trying to help.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2008
    papajay wrote:
    Just trying to help.

Thanks Papa :) Annie's very busy on some cool new stuff so I'm gonna let this one go :D