Options

shipping prints in a tube.

TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
edited September 13, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
ok, this is a request to change one simple thing in regards to shipping large prints from ezprints.

the large tube container has two plastic end caps stapled from the outside in.

i maybe the only one to ever to ruin a shipment of large prints because of this dang staple....but eitherway i am dang upset.
i removed the end cap and the staple ofcourse remained, i didnt take the time to go get some tools to remove it and turned the tube upside down to remove the prints...well they got some speed built up inside the tube and hit the staple...every one of them damaged.

now you can take this or leave it, but i would really like to see a simple process of stapling the tube end cap from the inside toward the outside, making the staple far easyer to remove from the tube when pulling the caps off.

damn staple
Aaron Nelson

Comments

• Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2008
    15524779-Ti.gif

Better yet get rid of the tubes all together.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2008
    ok, this is a request to change one simple thing in regards to shipping large prints from ezprints.

the large tube container has two plastic end caps stapled from the outside in.

i maybe the only one to ever to ruin a shipment of large prints because of this dang staple....but eitherway i am dang upset.
    i removed the end cap and the staple ofcourse remained, i didnt take the time to go get some tools to remove it and turned the tube upside down to remove the prints...well they got some speed built up inside the tube and hit the staple...every one of them damaged.

now you can take this or leave it, but i would really like to see a simple process of stapling the tube end cap from the inside toward the outside, making the staple far easyer to remove from the tube when pulling the caps off.

damn staple
    :cry :tough

:hide Just kidding Aaron. You did contact us to have them re-printed for you right? http://www.smugmug.com/prints/our-guarantee.mg If not send a request to the help desk with the order number and we'll take care of you.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • Options
    gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2008
    Harryb wrote:
    15524779-Ti.gif

Better yet get rid of the tubes all together.
    wave.gif :moon
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • Options
    TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2008
    thanks Nick, btw i didnt know u iz bee a superhero????

well anyway, i will see how they turn out after framings.

last note: tell the head of the stapler division i dont like the random placement of the staple either.
    staple on the opposite side of the cap indent to make it friendly to pull end caps off.

enough about staples and stapling.

damn staples
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2008
    I agree, the staples are bad. I have been trying to get our Lab to change. We'll see.
  • Options
    JuliaJulia Registered Users Posts: 157 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2008
    Here's a staple related scenario... I recently had a print show up in a tube, sans staples, but also sans end caps!!! Yikes! Amazingly, the print was still rolled up inside and no worse for the wear. And I happened to be home to greet my deliveryman. rolleyes1.gif No sign of the staples ever having been there in the first place, so the caps must have just wiggled loose...
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    I agree, the staples are bad. I have been trying to get our Lab to change. We'll see.

Nylon strapping tape 3/4" wide rolls are some where around $5.....most costly and if a postal worker ever gets a staple cut from an EZ print tube....they could loose more than a few bucks......USPS really wants to outlaw all staples in packages...................
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2008
    Julia wrote:
    Here's a staple related scenario... I recently had a print show up in a tube, sans staples, but also sans end caps!!! Yikes! Amazingly, the print was still rolled up inside and no worse for the wear. And I happened to be home to greet my deliveryman. rolleyes1.gif No sign of the staples ever having been there in the first place, so the caps must have just wiggled loose...

Or more likely a curious post worker almost got caught "inspecting" your photos......it happens all the time....if the tubes and caps are properly matched they won;t just wiggle loose......worked tooo many years in a shipping dept and they just don't pop out....I do prefer the metal caps to plastic ones............
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    JuliaJulia Registered Users Posts: 157 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2008
    Art Scott wrote:
    Or more likely a curious post worker almost got caught "inspecting" your photos......it happens all the time....if the tubes and caps are properly matched they won;t just wiggle loose......worked tooo many years in a shipping dept and they just don't pop out....I do prefer the metal caps to plastic ones............

OK. biggrinbounce2.gif
  • Options
    mike.strockmike.strock Registered Users Posts: 147 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2008
    Julia wrote:
    OK. biggrinbounce2.gif

I know Andy's out of town, but has there been any more discussion on this? Can we sign a petition somewhere to get rid of the tubes and use flat mailing instead? Can we pay extra for flat shipping instead of tubes?

Please?

Thanks.

Mike.
  • Options
    Rene`Rene` Registered Users Posts: 207 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2008
    No shipping tube..........?
    I just got some 11 by 14's! When did SMUGMUG stop shipping in tubes..................clap.gif
  • Options
    trefpegtrefpeg Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    Hot glue !
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    I know Andy's out of town, but has there been any more discussion on this? Can we sign a petition somewhere to get rid of the tubes and use flat mailing instead? Can we pay extra for flat shipping instead of tubes?

Please?

Thanks.

Mike.
    No, but we hope have another lab offering soon with different (flat) shipping :D