Options

Please Critique

SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
edited April 17, 2005 in Landscapes
I need a second or third or eight's opinion on this. I know what I think, well ok not all the time, but most of the time :D , but I would like to know what the rest of the world thinks. (only about this photo please. :): )

Comments

• Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2005
    G'day sam...my instant thoughts were nice shot, i like it but a bees doodle out of focus maybe.
  • Options
    tmlphototmlphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,444 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2005
    Sam wrote:
    I need a second or third or eight's opinion on this. I know what I think, well ok not all the time, but most of the time :D , but I would like to know what the rest of the world thinks. (only about this photo please. :): )
    Sam, The light, colors and motion blur are very nice. The composition is a little busy & I'm not sure what to focus on. Perhaps a crop could simplify and strengthen the composition. My 2 cents.
    Thomas :D

TML Photography
    tmlphoto.com
  • Options
    3rdPlanetPhotography3rdPlanetPhotography Banned Posts: 920 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2005
    my 1.5 cents
    I must say a very nice shot as well... Color is well defined and layout is very nice but seems a bit busy. I'd say a crop is in store but I don't have a full 2 cents to give cause I can't tell where I'd crop.

Great Job... thanks for sharing thumb.gif
    kc7dji
  • Options
    edited April 16, 2005
    Humungus wrote:
    G'day sam...my instant thoughts were nice shot, i like it but a bees doodle out of focus maybe.
    The original is a tad sharper and a little lighter, but your right over all it is spft.

I just want to give you a friendly word of caution. When you come here for the Yosemite photo event, don't try and play with any of our bee's doodle's. They don't take kindly to that sort of thing. :D

Sam
  • Options
    edited April 16, 2005
    Thaks everyone so far. This is the thing I need. I didn't notice the busy part.

Sam
  • Options
    Phil U.Phil U. Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2005
    Sam wrote:

First thought: "Hey! Nice colors"

Second thought: "Oh, almost macro - that's different"

Third thought: "I'm looking all over it but haven't found anything to linger on - there doesn't seem to be a focal point."

Hope that helps...
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2005
    Phil U. wrote:
    Third thought: "I'm looking all over it but haven't found anything to linger on - there doesn't seem to be a focal point."

Hope that helps...

nod.gifnod.gifnod.gif

keep shootin' sam!