Options

A couple from my son's wedding

tcsphototcsphoto Registered Users Posts: 101 Major grins
edited September 15, 2008 in Weddings
Here a couple of my favorites from my son's wedding. I used a Nikon D300, Nikon 70-200 f2.8, and sb800, I used the 70-200 in the posed shots for the sharpness and dof. We used a pro for the wedding, but I wanted a couple of my own.

I wanted to share and also to hear any comments on what you think. Thanks for your input.

369424374_JRa8K-L.jpg

369428720_6Nyrr-M.jpg
Tom (tcsphoto)

I used to dream of all things Nikon, then I got the bill.
http://www.sowdphotography.com/

Comments

• Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited September 11, 2008
    1 - Nice. Crop the benches from the shot. On my POS monitor at work, it appears her gown is significantly blown.

2 - Very nice. I would, however, take the time to clone out that white thing behind the groom, the power lead in the upper right, and the corner of the window along the right side of the frame (or maybe just crop it out).
  • Options
    SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited September 11, 2008
    Yep, sharp. Ya know, looking at the bench on the right...I may have sat them on that as it looks really cool. With them sitting in the middle, I agree, the bench must go.
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • Options
    mmrodenmmroden Registered Users Posts: 472 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2008
    Her gown looks blown to me as well.

If you can, take a look at the recovery tool in Lightroom, which I found to be absolutely a lifesaver with wedding dresses. In the newest version, there's another tool, the brush (hotkey is 'k' in editing mode). I find that brushing over the dress, and then setting the exposure to -.5 or so will help recover blown highlights in the dress, assuming you shot in raw or have the dynamic range in your jpg.

I really like the framing-- just a minor detail.
  • Options
    tcsphototcsphoto Registered Users Posts: 101 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2008
    mmroden wrote:
    Her gown looks blown to me as well.

If you can, take a look at the recovery tool in Lightroom, which I found to be absolutely a lifesaver with wedding dresses. In the newest version, there's another tool, the brush (hotkey is 'k' in editing mode). I find that brushing over the dress, and then setting the exposure to -.5 or so will help recover blown highlights in the dress, assuming you shot in raw or have the dynamic range in your jpg.

I really like the framing-- just a minor detail.

Thanks for the tip. I'm trying Lightroom v2.0 and I like it so far. I did have trouble keeping her dress from blowing out. I spot metered on her face, but still too bright. I did use raw, so I'll see how much adjustment I can get.
    Tom (tcsphoto)

I used to dream of all things Nikon, then I got the bill.
    http://www.sowdphotography.com/