Options

SmugMug control panel issue!

SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
edited September 15, 2008 in SmugMug Support
having issues with smugmug.

when I check the data in the control panel for the different galleries, something seems to be going amiss here.
the number of photo's viewed has now been reset in the middle of a month to 0 and it doesn't seem to be accurately reporting or updating as well when people have viewed a photo.

Is there maintenance going on behind the scenes??

Just double checked this again and it seems to be an intermittent problem, sometimes it shows fine then others it is all screwy. not sure what is going on.

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2008
    There is no maintenance going on, no.

Your stats are here: http://barrotj.smugmug.com/homepage/stats.mg I see 190 photos viewed.

Let us know if you see 0 again?

Stats are updating - I viewed a gallery and then the stats updated (be sure to visit when logged out):

20080915-garfg6gu6p3ufupxnm59h8xdk5.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks Andy,

It seems to be an intermittent issue, I have only seen it 3 times like this and it started today.
    I will keep an Eye out for anything else, mean while I am making sure something on my end didn't get updated and cause my computer to read information wrong.

I'll let you know if I see it again.

thanks
    Andy wrote:
    There is no maintenance going on, no.

Your stats are here: http://barrotj.smugmug.com/homepage/stats.mg I see 190 photos viewed.

Let us know if you see 0 again?

Stats are updating - I viewed a gallery and then the stats updated (be sure to visit when logged out):

20080915-garfg6gu6p3ufupxnm59h8xdk5.jpg
  • Options
    ok, it's happening again, I just went to the control panel. then selected more information and the only gallery to show any hits is the dgrin challenge gallery.
  • Options
    barrotj wrote:
    ok, it's happening again, I just went to the control panel. then selected more information and the only gallery to show any hits is the dgrin challenge gallery.
    I'm sorry I Don't see it. This would be better if you emailed our help desk so we can work with you individually... please email us there, http://www.smugmug.com/help/emailreal, thanks!
  • Options
    will do and I am getting a couple copies of the screen so you can see what I am seeing.

It's strange, I decided to click refresh to see what happens and the page changes constantly, the hit numbers, the photo's viewed numbers and such. I hope to capture most of it with the aforementioned screen shots' to email in.
    Andy wrote:
    I'm sorry I Don't see it. This would be better if you emailed our help desk so we can work with you individually... please email us there, http://www.smugmug.com/help/emailreal, thanks!
  • Options
    here is the latest in what I am seeing Andy

I sent it to the help desk like you said

373223644_z9RRp-L.jpg
  • Options
    Andy thanks for all the help, I seem to have gotten to the root of my problem with the help of smug's support team.
    after downloading and installing firefox I opened both safari and firefox at the same time.
    I found that safari was reporting the pages incorrectly and firefox never wavered.
    I even went through some test to make sure, like hitting the refresh a couple of times, while in safari I kept getting wrong numbers, pieces of pages missing, but only on smug (not sure why either)
    then with firefox I tried all the same things and never got any thing different from what is supposed to be there.
    seems like it is a safari issue of some kind.

Thanks for the help guys!thumb.gif
  • Options
    barrotj wrote:
    Andy thanks for all the help, I seem to have gotten to the root of my problem with the help of smug's support team.
    That is excellent, I will tell my team.
  • Options
    jayegirljayegirl Registered Users Posts: 276 Major grins
    For what its worth, I saw zero stats, came here, read this thread, opened another tab and my stats were there that time. I use ie 7
    edit: I should at just now, at the time of this post is when this happened.
    Jaye