Options

First Engagement Shoot

sdaztec25sdaztec25 Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
edited September 18, 2008 in Weddings
My sister in law asked me to take their engagement pictures. I never done this before. Please let me know what you think.... Thank You

http://travismiller.smugmug.com/gallery/4332968_jJQpL#254154693_G8jTb

~ Travis
Travis Miller Photography

| Canon EOS 7D | Canon 18-135mm IS | Canon 70-200mm f/4L IS |Canon 50mm f/1.4 |

Comments

• Options
    CantfeelmyfingersCantfeelmyfingers Registered Users Posts: 531 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2008
    A little tricky to comment on all of them. As I'm sure you know, you'll get a better response from folks if you attach a few of your faves to the thread. I briefly went through the series, and my favorite is probably #91. I'm really liking the shadows on the wall behind them, and a it looks a little more spurr the moment, and not so "okay, okay hold that kiss, hold it....". If that makes sense? A lot of them IMHO could benefit from some cropping and some PP just to punch it up a notch. Here's my two cents, go through, find lets say 5 faves, give them some Oomph and post again, and I'll be back to revisit! :D Thanks for sharing! Adorable couple!
    "Take my picture, Tonight I feel beautiful..."
    -Marilyn Monroe
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    15524779-Ti.gif - asking people to wade through 158 photos for a C&C is a bit much.

May I suggest you pick your favorites (say, 10 or less) and link them back to this thread? When you do this, be sure to assign a number to each of them for the commenters to reference - just makes life so much easier.
  • Options
    SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    Agreed. Also, something that will save you both time and frustration...if the shot's blurry, out of focus, camera shake, you might want to delete it. There were several there as I was looking.
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    I think you did a great job. iloveyou.gif Beautiful location, fun shots & a good variety ... I agree, I think some of them could use some "color pop" and maybe an edge vignette, but I am sure that the couple is in love with their photos ... just watch out ... in some photos you burned their faces (strong, direct sunlight) mwink.gif
  • Options
    sdaztec25sdaztec25 Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    Thanks Everyone for your input.... Yeah the blurry ones were all taken with the old Kit lens... Now i have the Lens with IS so hopefully next time i wont get the blurry ones... Next time I will only post a few of the best images.... Thanks again

~ Travis
    Travis Miller Photography

| Canon EOS 7D | Canon 18-135mm IS | Canon 70-200mm f/4L IS |Canon 50mm f/1.4 |