Options

Can't change viewing style from journal "click" page

hyachtshyachts Registered Users Posts: 140 Major grins
edited September 20, 2008 in SmugMug Support
This may be a well known fact, but I couldn't figure out how to successfully search for this, so here's my bug report?

If I click on a photo in journal viewing style I get a certain kind of layout. For example:
http://monkeytales.smugmug.com/gallery/4347530_uonXR/1/255123632_HQA44/Large

But if I try to change the viewing style to SmugMug (or anything else, for that matter) I get a whole lotta nuthin'. It appears to be related to that "/Size" at the end of the URL.

Now I realize that viewing style doesn't really apply to this single photo view, but shouldn't the style pulldown be hidden by default, then?

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 20, 2008
    hyachts wrote:
    This may be a well known fact, but I couldn't figure out how to successfully search for this, so here's my bug report?

If I click on a photo in journal viewing style I get a certain kind of layout. For example:
    http://monkeytales.smugmug.com/gallery/4347530_uonXR/1/255123632_HQA44/Large

But if I try to change the viewing style to SmugMug (or anything else, for that matter) I get a whole lotta nuthin'. It appears to be related to that "/Size" at the end of the URL.

Now I realize that viewing style doesn't really apply to this single photo view, but shouldn't the style pulldown be hidden by default, then?
    click on the gallery in the breadcrumb and you'll be inthe new viewing style thumb.gif
  • Options
    hyachtshyachts Registered Users Posts: 140 Major grins
    edited September 20, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    click on the gallery in the breadcrumb and you'll be inthe new viewing style thumb.gif

Yeah, I get that part. Just seemed counter intuitive to me to have the pulldown act immediately everywhere else it appears. I wonder if there's a way to hide it when viewing a page that way? I'll have to tinker.