Options

Still missing Ginger...

DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
edited September 25, 2008 in The Big Picture
While scanning the forums today, I saw a thread title that said something like "shots by a creek" and I perked right up only to see the rest of the title "...IR". I was deflated and it made me realize how much I still miss Ginger Jones.

If you don't know who Ginger is, do yourself a favor and spend some time with her in the lowlands of South Carolina. She was a passionate photographer who helped make DGrin the wonderful place it is today.

I'm terrible with time. I know this about myself, and yet it was still somehow a shock to find that she passed away less than a year and a half ago. Seems like forever. I still miss her a lot.

Comments

• Options
    Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2008
    Ginger was very special. I hope we never forget her!

ann
  • Options
    edited September 2, 2008
    Funny how memories sneak up you, huh? It was fun looking back at some of her work again.
  • Options
    digismiledigismile Registered Users Posts: 955 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2008
    What is most amazing about Ginger is how much she progressed in such a short time. Having watch her talent unfold was a great privilege for me.

But not only was she a great photographer, she was a wonderful person. The world could use a few more Gingers ...
  • Options
    edited September 3, 2008
    digismile wrote:
    What is most amazing about Ginger is how much she progressed in such a short time. Having watch her talent unfold was a great privilege for me.

But not only was she a great photographer, she was a wonderful person. The world could use a few more Gingers ...
    Amen to that! thumb.gif
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited September 3, 2008
    Thanks for reminding us of some great contributions, Dave! thumb.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,921 moderator
    edited September 3, 2008
    I was just thinking about Ginger the other day.

She did progress rather nicely and the shots of a place I've not been were a real treat to see. And she really did make dgrin a great place to be.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited September 20, 2008
    ian408 wrote:
    I was just thinking about Ginger the other day.

She did progress rather nicely and the shots of a place I've not been were a real treat to see. And she really did make dgrin a great place to be.

She was one of my best friends, really special for someone I never met. I miss her a whole lot.

This is my first visit to Dgrin in almost a year. My husband has been sick with cancer and I've been busy with him and just plain depressed. I took a couple of pictures of him and his brother a few weeks ago and have not even transferred them to my computer. I have been missing all my "friends" at Dgrin.
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 20, 2008
    snapapple wrote:
    She was one of my best friends, really special for someone I never met. I miss her a whole lot.

This is my first visit to Dgrin in almost a year. My husband has been sick with cancer and I've been busy with him and just plain depressed. I took a couple of pictures of him and his brother a few weeks ago and have not even transferred them to my computer. I have been missing all my "friends" at Dgrin.
    :( Hi Snappy, I'm really sorry to hear your news. We miss you too, and we'll be thinking of you and your husband - wishing you all the best in what must be a really difficult time.
  • Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited September 21, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    :( Hi Snappy, I'm really sorry to hear your news. We miss you too, and we'll be thinking of you and your husband - wishing you all the best in what must be a really difficult time.

Thanks Andy. I was able to take a little break today because my husband was feeling pretty well. He has been undergoing chemotherapy and usually does not feel very well at all.

He had a brain tumor removed last November. They followed up with chemotherapy and radiation. That was not successful and the cancer showed up again on an MRI taken at the end of July. Since it has spread, the only hope is to slow it down to buy a little more time. He has had a very rough year. I just pray that his quality of life can improve a bit for a little while. He has been tolerating the chemo well so far.

He is only 67 and was very active until this happened. We appreciate any prayers you folks at Dgrin can send our way.

Here's one of my favorite pictures of him.

90804228_tmzBb-M.jpg
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,921 moderator
    edited September 21, 2008
    Hi Susan, I'm sorry to hear your news. But glad that he's feeling well.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    edited September 25, 2008
    Susan, I remember when you posted that photo from a while back - I had just bought that same hat on a visit to San Diego.

I'm praying for the best for you and your husband in this difficult time.