DEAL: MEMORY, all cards (CF, SD, etc)

Comments

• bobcoolbobcool Registered Users Posts: 271 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2008
    BPerron wrote:
    Where did you get the sandisk deal at?

At Adorama - just go to their site and search for Sandisk Extreme III 2GB and you should find it. On the page it'll have a link to download and print the .pdf file to fill out and send back in after you receive the product.
  • BPerronBPerron Registered Users Posts: 464 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2008
    bobcool wrote:
    At Adorama - just go to their site and search for Sandisk Extreme III 2GB and you should find it. On the page it'll have a link to download and print the .pdf file to fill out and send back in after you receive the product.

Thanks.
    Brandon Perron Photography
    www.brandonperron.com
  • MikeKMikeK Registered Users Posts: 227 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2008
    Sandisk has the same rebate deal running again for the next month or 2, check the Adorama site for details.
  • jchinjchin Registered Users Posts: 713 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2008
    Problem is ... the Sandisk rebate comes on a debit card, which in itself is not particularly a problem, but you cannot use it online to order anything because there is no shipping address address associated with the debit card (or at least it failed address verification for me). And to purchase gas, the you must pay inside (haven't tried yet) and not at the pump (which cannot recognize the card). You must also keep track of the amount on the card, or it comes back declined. What a pain! Guess this is one way to prevent people from using (or actually getting) the total value of the rebate.
    Johnny J. Chin ~ J. Chin Photography
    FacebookFlickrSmugMug
    SmugMug referral coupon code: ix3uDyfBU6xXs
    (use this for a discount off your SmugMug subscription)
  • IcewayIceway Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited June 11, 2008
    Yes, I use Kingston SD card 2 years, it's real good!
  • echo465echo465 Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited June 14, 2008
    Beach camera has the Sandisk Extreme III 16GB CF card for $179 now, with a $90/200/300 rebate. Same card is still $199 elsewhere I checked.
  • cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2008
    Deal: 8GB Sandisk Extreme III: $35 AR: Adorama
    Deal: 8GB Sandisk Extreme III Compact Flash: $35 after rebate at Adorama

http://www.adorama.com/IDSCFE38G30M.html

here is the rebate form:

http://www.adorama.com/pdfs/rebates/sandiskx_092808.pdf

(rebate does not appear to be limited to Adorama, btw)
  • photobyaaronphotobyaaron Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
    edited July 28, 2008
    Nice deal! Thanks for posting. I just ordered another 16GB Extreme III for $84 after rebate and free shipping.
    cmason wrote:

here is the rebate form:

• NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2008
    Thanks! thumb.gif
    Both 8Gb and 16Gb deals look very nice clap.gif
    UPDATE:
    *) rebate seems to be in form of a prepaid Visa card
    *) buying more than one item (up to three) increases per-item rebate amount slightly, e.g. :
    for Sandisk 8Gb III Extreme rebates are: 1 card - $40, 2 cards - $100 (i.e. $50/ea), 3 cards - $160 (i.e. $53.33/ea)
    for Sandisk 16Gb III Extreme rebates are: 1 card - $90, 2 cards - $190 (i.e. $95/ea), 3 cards - $300 (i.e. $100/ea)
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2008
    cmason wrote:

here is the rebate form:

Price is up at Adorama, check around.... GET THE REBATE FORM and be SURE you order from a company listed on the form or you will be screwed thumb.gif
    edited September 15, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Price is up at Adorama, check around.... GET THE REBATE FORM and be SURE you order from a company listed on the form or you will be screwed thumb.gif
    Got my rebate card from SanDisk today. $160. Nice!
  • i_worship_the_Kingi_worship_the_King Registered Users Posts: 548 Major grins
    edited September 16, 2008
    esc2476 wrote:
    Is Kingston a well thought of brand? I have always stuck with Sandisk CF cards.

Sandisk is having an INCREDIBLE sale for the next day or so. Extreme III cards for $50 cheaper than newegg.

http://shop.sandisk.com/DRHM/servlet/ControllerServlet?SiteID=sdiskus&Action=DisplayCategoryProductListPage&categoryID=13161700&parentCategoryID=13027500&pgm=14319400&OfferID=923467709
    I make it policy to never let ignorance stand in the way of my opinion. ~Justiceiro

"Your decisions on whether to buy, when to buy and what to buy should depend on careful consideration of your needs primarily, with a little of your wants thrown in for enjoyment, After all photography is a hobby, even for pros."
    ~Herbert Keppler
  • i_worship_the_Kingi_worship_the_King Registered Users Posts: 548 Major grins
    edited September 16, 2008
    DEAL: Sandisk Memory on the Cheap!
    http://shop.sandisk.com/DRHM/servlet/ControllerServlet?SiteID=sdiskus&Action=DisplayCategoryProductListPage&categoryID=13161700&parentCategoryID=13027500&pgm=14319400&OfferID=923467709

End of season sale. Checked the prices and the ExtremeIII cards are $50 cheaper than on newegg... eek7.gif Crazy good deal if you need new cards!thumb.gif
    I make it policy to never let ignorance stand in the way of my opinion. ~Justiceiro

"Your decisions on whether to buy, when to buy and what to buy should depend on careful consideration of your needs primarily, with a little of your wants thrown in for enjoyment, After all photography is a hobby, even for pros."
    ~Herbert Keppler
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,764 moderator
    edited September 17, 2008
    I moved this. Traditionally we keep the "Deal" threads in the Flea Market. Thanks to the user who brought this to my attention.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited September 17, 2008
    ziggy53 wrote:
    I moved this. Traditionally we keep the "Deal" threads in the Flea Market. Thanks to the user who brought this to my attention.
    Thanks Ziggy - we also happen to keep all the memory deals in a single thread here. thumb.gif

(i_worship seems to have found that out already anyway lol3.gif)
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• boblinboblin Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited September 18, 2008
    Sandisk Extreme III 8gb at Beach Camera
    Beach Camera has the Sandisk 8gb Extreme III for $79 before rebate and free shipping. Hurry, as the rebate ends 9/28/08.
    wings.gif
    Some Cameras
    Some lenses
    Some extra gear
    Some willing and unwilling subjects to photograph.
  • PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2008
    boblin wrote:
    Beach Camera has the Sandisk 8gb Extreme III for $79 before rebate and free shipping. Hurry, as the rebate ends 9/28/08.
    wings.gif

Link: http://www.beachcamera.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=SDCFX3008
  • boblinboblin Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited September 23, 2008
    Thanks for adding the link Pupator. It does make it easier to shop.thumb.gif
    Some Cameras
    Some lenses
    Some extra gear
    Some willing and unwilling subjects to photograph.
    edited October 1, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Got my rebate card from SanDisk today. $160. Nice!

Ordered some more, 16gb this time $115 per card, $90 rebate, $25 bucks a card? How can you not?

Here's the Sandisk Rebate Form.
  • CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Ordered some more, 16gb this time $115 per card, $90 rebate, $25 bucks a card? How can you not?

This is insane. I just ordered two Sandisk 16GB CFs and my net cost will be $40. Too bad I won't get to use them till after the shootout.

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips
  • EarthDogEarthDog Registered Users Posts: 123 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2008
    Expiration date?
    The rebate form says the Visa rebate cards have an expiration date on the front, after which if you didn't use it, you lose it. Can someone who has received theirs tell us what expiration date your card has, please?

I'm just concerned that, if it takes 8 weeks to receive the rebate cards, and a week or so to receive the CF cards before I can even mail the rebate form, we're getting pretty darn close to year end, and probably past shopping season. It would suck to have the thing expire before I could spend it. (I'm going for it, anyway. I'd just like to know. If I missed it, back in the thread, I apologize.)

Also, while trying to find someone who had some in stock, I notice that Beach Camera has 4GB Extreme III cards for $9 after rebate! eek7.gif And, it gets better! Buy three, and your net cost is STILL $9.97!!!:ivar If you don't need megastorage, that's gotta be an unbeatable deal.

(3 x 29.99 = 89.97 - $80 rebate = 9.97 + free standard shipping = unbeLIEVable)
    Once upon a time, they all lived happily ever after.
    edited October 2, 2008
    EarthDog wrote:
    The rebate form says the Visa rebate cards have an expiration date on the front, after which if you didn't use it, you lose it. Can someone who has received theirs tell us what expiration date your card has, please?

I'm just concerned that, if it takes 8 weeks to receive the rebate cards, and a week or so to receive the CF cards before I can even mail the rebate form, we're getting pretty darn close to year end, and probably past shopping season. It would suck to have the thing expire before I could spend it. (I'm going for it, anyway. I'd just like to know. If I missed it, back in the thread, I apologize.)

Also, while trying to find someone who had some in stock, I notice that Beach Camera has 4GB Extreme III cards for $9 after rebate! eek7.gif And, it gets better! Buy three, and your net cost is STILL $9.97!!!:ivar If you don't need megastorage, that's gotta be an unbeatable deal.

(3 x 29.99 = 89.97 - $80 rebate = 9.97 + free standard shipping = unbeLIEVable)
    The one I got a while ago says "good until Jan 09"
    edited October 3, 2008
    Andy wrote:

Let's see how fast they are. My rebate form is off in the US Mail today.
  • bandgeekndbbandgeekndb Registered Users Posts: 284 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2008
    Wow...if only my camera took CF! Sadly, the deals aren't so sweet for SD cards! I was reading above...(3) 4gb cards for $10 is one heck of a deal!
    Nikon D7000, D90

Sigma 18-50 f/2.8, 70-200 f/2.8
    Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6, 50mm f/1.8
  • ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2008
    If only they had some UDMA cards on this deal, would love to pick up some super speedy UDMA's for the 5D MkII before it arrives.... the 16GB Extreme IV is a UDMA, but that's not on this list.
  • digital_gopherdigital_gopher Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited October 6, 2008
    There is a deal on UDMA Lexar CF cards. http://lexar.com/digfilm/cf_udma.html

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/shop/5575/Media_Cards_Compact_Flash_Cards.html

2GB - $13.95 after rebate
    4GB - $22.95 after rebate
    8GB - $67.95 after rebate
  • EarthDogEarthDog Registered Users Posts: 123 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    The one I got a while ago says "good until Jan 09"

Exactly what I was concerned about. Thanks, Andy.
    Once upon a time, they all lived happily ever after.
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2008
    NEW EGG has some great prices
    here is a link to NEW EGGS Transcend front page.....there are some really great prices and they seem to be dropping every week.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• lightyearlightyear Registered Users Posts: 185 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2008
    Sandisk CompactFlash card sale
    There is now a Sandisk Winter Sale at Adorama and probably elsewhere: Extreme III Compact Flash 8 GB @ 59.95 less $15. rebate=$44.95. Rebate for two 8 GB cards is $35. What a deal! Do the math.
    Stan
  • catspawcatspaw Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2008
    lightyear wrote:
    There is now a Sandisk Winter Sale at Adorama and probably elsewhere: Extreme III Compact Flash 8 GB @ 59.95 less $15. rebate=$44.95. Rebate for two 8 GB cards is $35. What a deal! Do the math.
    Stan

Score! I missed out on the summer ones since I was/am still using a SD camera, but a CF is in my near future, so I need to be prepared wings.gif

*kiss* thank you!
    //Leah