Options

my first wedding

rspartsrsparts Registered Users Posts: 217 Major grins
edited September 23, 2008 in Weddings
C&C welcome. I realize the watermark is bold and in your face but I can assure you these are just the internet copies so don't bust my balls for it. Thanks!

whitney4.jpg

whitney3.jpg

whitney1.jpg

whitney5.jpg

whitney6.jpg

whitney7.jpg

whitney2.jpg

Comments

• Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited September 20, 2008
    Way to go!
    #1 & #2 are scrumptiliddyumptious! thumb.gif
  • Options
    SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited September 21, 2008
    #'s 1 & 2...great job...very nice and desire to review again and again. #3..wrong angle..does nothing to enhance or beautify the bride. #4 Comp is dead center...so a significant processing technique to set it apart is required. #5: Fun shot....again...something different in processing is needed...make it pop...the B&W isn't doing it..also, level out the horizon. #6...great comp..it just doesn't have the appeal needed for the "wow". #7...iffy. Interesting comp but just doesn't grab the "mood". The entire series is desaturated which can work for some shots...others not..try lots of different stuff....variety is the spice of life.
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited September 21, 2008
    I like 1 and 2 also. #3 in my opinion was shot at the wrong focal length, causing some distortion in her proportions that look odd.
  • Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2008
    1, 2, and 4 are to die for!!!

The others, I think the bride will not find them particularly flattering of herself. For example, #6 highlights the curve of her nose too much.

It's a hard line to toe, educating your clients about the beauty of the "moment" and how others view the overall photo and not our personal imperfections. But there has to be a balance of choosing flattering poses and shots to show the client, so they like how they look in photos.

Fabulous job for your first wedding, you are off to a fantastic start. clap.gif Keep shooting and posting!
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Options
    rspartsrsparts Registered Users Posts: 217 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2008
    urbanaries wrote:
    1, 2, and 4 are to die for!!!

The others, I think the bride will not find them particularly flattering of herself. For example, #6 highlights the curve of her nose too much.

It's a hard line to toe, educating your clients about the beauty of the "moment" and how others view the overall photo and not our personal imperfections. But there has to be a balance of choosing flattering poses and shots to show the client, so they like how they look in photos.

Fabulous job for your first wedding, you are off to a fantastic start. clap.gif Keep shooting and posting!

Oh she loved them all. Her nose doesn't curve like that, he was just pushing it down with his lips. Thanks for the kind words though :D