DSC08552-36copy.jpg
LadyTX

Comments

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2008
    Nice series. thumb.gif
    #1 and #5 are my favs here.

A bit too much of a rim light, watch for that white shirt being blown off in some (#3).
    She also wears pretty much the same tense facial expression on all pictures, and it transcends into tensions of the poses. You gotto talk to your model, make her relaxed.
    I'd crop #5 tighter, too.
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    Don't know much about studio lighting ... but I do love the way you set everything up. The light & poses look very natural iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    ladytxladytx Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    Nikolai wrote:
    Nice series. thumb.gif
    #1 and #5 are my favs here.

A bit too much of a rim light, watch for that white shirt being blown off in some (#3).
    She also wears pretty much the same tense facial expression on all pictures, and it transcends into tensions of the poses. You gotto talk to your model, make her relaxed.
    I'd crop #5 tighter, too.

Thank you Nikolai for the comments and critique. I think this is the first time you have critiqued my photos? ne_nau.gif Always appreciated.

That rim light was the sun and it intensified with processing. I agree it is a bit much.

We did a lot with her this weekend as she is moving next week. I will be posting those in the coming days. You will see pretty much the same expression in all. She only likes the straight faced or more sultry look. No smilies. I tell her "that look is blank" or "happier" or "a hint of a smile" but she pretty much gives me the same look. If I do catch a smile, especially a big smile she says, "No one is to see that picture" ... Oh well, we do get some nice pictures and I am getting experience which I need. With the help of critique in this forum (sometimes that seems hard to get also) I certainly hope to improve.

On #5, thought maybe I should leave the entire chair in, but no? Would be better without?
    LadyTX
  • Options
    ladytxladytx Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    Agnieszka wrote:
    Don't know much about studio lighting ... but I do love the way you set everything up. The light & poses look very natural iloveyou.gif

Thank you for the encouraging comment. We were outside so had natural light with a diffuser and a fill.
    LadyTX
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    ladytx wrote:
    Thank you for the encouraging comment. We were outside so had natural light with a diffuser and a fill.

I guess that makes sense rolleyes1.gif ... very nice thumb.gif
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    nice and sharp and pretty model to boot. Her facial expression in 2-5 are *indentical*..you could literally photoshop the one expression into all pics! It ruins it in that level. #1 is only slightly different! If she is stuck on that expression show here this series and point that out to her.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    ladytx wrote:
    You will see pretty much the same expression in all. She only likes the straight faced or more sultry look. No smilies. I tell her "that look is blank" or "happier" or "a hint of a smile" but she pretty much gives me the same look. If I do catch a smile, especially a big smile she says, "No one is to see that picture" ...
    Once *you* get more comfortable with shooting you'll learn to be bit more bossy. mwink.gif This kind of attitude on her site may be OK when you shoot your friends/relatives/family and it's them who are doing you a favor of posing, but on a regualr basis it is not. If I give a direction and nothing happens I simply put the camera down and go talk to my model. After all, why would you need a hundred of identical poses/expressions? There are plenty of ways to deal with that: talk her into it, pose her with her back to you, put a paper bag (or a lamp shade :-) over her head... You gotta be creative - and be in control mwink.gifdeal.gif
    On #5, thought maybe I should leave the entire chair in, but no? Would be better without?
    If you were shooting an ad for a furniture store you could leave it in, but then it's not lit well enough. Since you're shooting *her* I say - trim it off :-)
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    Number 3 does it for me.
  • Options
    ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    All of these are wonderful, she is a beautiful lady. Great job clap.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300