Options

I found out that I've been giving away my prints

aekurthaekurth Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited September 24, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Is there a way to manage print prices that is pro user friendly? I don't know how much I've lost because I don't even get notified when my images are ordered without any markup. It is extremely difficult to see what price I have on my photos in a gallery. I would like to have a way to view pricing in a single place. I would also like to be able to set a default base price.

Comments

• Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2008
    aekurth wrote:
    Is there a way to manage print prices that is pro user friendly? I don't know how much I've lost because I don't even get notified when my images are ordered without any markup. It is extremely difficult to see what price I have on my photos in a gallery. I would like to have a way to view pricing in a single place. I would also like to be able to set a default base price.

Go here and read about portfolio pricing. That will be your default pricing if you haven't set specific gallery pricing or specific image pricing. The first thing you should do when setting up pricing is to set the portfolio pricing as your defaults. Then, you can change an individual gallery or image with an override if you want.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    LUCKYSHOTLUCKYSHOT Registered Users Posts: 120 Major grins
    aekurth wrote:
    Whats your web site? To view your prices, you can just log out to see it as a customer does or you can click on visitor view. you can set custom prices for any Gallery . you can set up quick pricing when you upload to a gallery.
    But first things first. What the web site so we can see whats going on?
    All the best
    Chris
    No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
    :whip

WWW.LONGISLANDIMAGE.COM
  • Options
    aekurthaekurth Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    Thanks for the reply - somehow I missed the Portfolio part of the pricing when I set things up. If I set up the Portfolio now, will wipe out all of my old gallery prices?
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    aekurth wrote:
    Thanks for the reply - somehow I missed the Portfolio part of the pricing when I set things up. If I set up the Portfolio now, will wipe out all of my old gallery prices?

No, it won't wipe anything out. The precedence order is:
    1. Image pricing
    2. Gallery pricing
    3. Portfolio pricing
    So, if you have image or gallery pricing set up, the portfolio pricing will have no effect. But, if you don't have image or gallery pricing, it will be priced at the portfolio price.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    aekurth wrote:
    Gallery price will override Portfilio price if not blank. Zero in gallery price will also
    override Portfilio price. Any price or zero in image price will override both.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    aekurth wrote:
    No it won't do that. Let us know if you have more questions.
  • Options
    jhelmsjhelms Registered Users Posts: 651 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2008
    Also, a quick and easy way to make sure all your sales are getting reported is to make sure none of your prices are set to the default. You'll want to at least charge .01 more than the default SM price for it to show in your sales reports.

You can go in and do a quick change to your portfolio pricing to increase all prices by that amount for starters.
    John in Georgia
    Nikon | Private Photojournalist