Options

Show Off the Merchandise!

Hyper-PerformanceHyper-Performance Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
edited September 25, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
One of the largest issues I have with trying to sell the Merchandise is that it is not easy for folks to see what they might want to buy.

I would suggest that a thumbnail of the product be added right to the buy this/cart (use the same ones from the SmugMug site) would give them an instant idea of how the product looks. This along with the description should help to sell more product!!

Note: I hate referring folks to the SmugMug page that shows all the goodies. Most people don't like flipping back and forth and would be more enticed to purchase if they could see the items right at the point of purchase. Plus, if they don't go to the Merchandise page I don't have to discuss my mark-ups!

Comments

• Options
    pilotdavepilotdave Registered Users Posts: 785 Major grins
    edited September 25, 2008
    I agree and would even take it a lot farther than that... Get some of that Zazzle.com technology. They display your photos right on the merchandise... looking just like it will when you buy it. But I agree that at the very least, the shopping cart needs to show a sample, not just how the picture will get cropped.

Dave
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 25, 2008
    I would suggest that a thumbnail of the product be added right to the buy this/cart (use the same ones from the SmugMug site) would give them an instant idea of how the product looks. This along with the description should help to sell more product!!
    We plan on this someday, hopefully sooner rather than later.
    Thanks!