Options

Not able to use "Stretchy" after customization

ScottProkopPhotographyScottProkopPhotography Registered Users Posts: 10 Beginner grinner
edited September 25, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I am not able to utilize the "stretchy" feature after customizing my website. In the appearance setting of the gallery, if I set this to custom, I do not get the stretchy feature but if I use the SmugMug appearance setting as in this gallery (click here), the stretchy feature works perfect but then I lose my custom header. This problem may have occurred after modifying the flash slideshow using the instructions on this page (click here).

View my website at www.scottprokop.com or http://scottprokop.smugmug.com

Thanks,
Scott

Comments

• Options
    {JT}{JT} Registered Users Posts: 1,016 Major grins
    edited September 25, 2008
    I am not able to utilize the "stretchy" feature after customizing my website. In the appearance setting of the gallery, if I set this to custom, I do not get the stretchy feature but if I use the SmugMug appearance setting as in this gallery (click here), the stretchy feature works perfect but then I lose my custom header. This problem may have occurred after modifying the flash slideshow using the instructions on this page (click here).

View my website at www.scottprokop.com or http://scottprokop.smugmug.com

Thanks,
    Scott

Fixed you up - you had a missing closing div tag in your header.
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    {JT} wrote:
    Fixed you up - you had a missing closing div tag in your header.

JT, this is a really common customizing error (unclosed tags). While other unclosed tags don't usually cause big problems, unclosed DIVs can really wreak havoc with a page, often making it difficult to even get access to the normal administrative controls in the page.

Have you guys considered a validity check that checks for matching tags when people add customizations in their customize page? If not a broader set of tags, at least matching DIV tags?
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    {JT}{JT} Registered Users Posts: 1,016 Major grins
    I have thought about one, yes. Maybe in the near future, we will see :)
    jfriend wrote:
    JT, this is a really common customizing error (unclosed tags). While other unclosed tags don't usually cause big problems, unclosed DIVs can really wreak havoc with a page, often making it difficult to even get access to the normal administrative controls in the page.

Have you guys considered a validity check that checks for matching tags when people add customizations in their customize page? If not a broader set of tags, at least matching DIV tags?