Options

Invitations Not Sent

Tedi17Tedi17 Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
edited September 25, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I've sent a few invitations through the 'shared' button at the top right of an image. However, it doesn't appear that the emails are being sent. I even sent one to myself.. nothing. I do have the 'external link' set to yes.

Can some one help me with this? I was sending an Orchid picture.

Thanks in advance.
www.black-butterflies.com

"Photography is one of the most powerful mediums for documenting places, people and other points of interest, so we may share our experiences with others. These images will continue to impact someone’s life…long after we’re gone."

Comments

• Options
    WendeeWendee Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited September 25, 2008
    Tedi17 wrote:
    I've sent a few invitations through the 'shared' button at the top right of an image. However, it doesn't appear that the emails are being sent. I even sent one to myself.. nothing. I do have the 'external link' set to yes.

Can some one help me with this? I was sending an Orchid picture.

Thanks in advance.
    Could you please try again? We have a funny little bug that causes mischief with the share emails when you have an apostrophe in your account name. I've removed the apostrophe for you...will you please try sending a share email now and let us know how it goes? You can email us [EMAIL="%22help@smugmug.com%22"]here[/EMAIL]. Please let us know if you're still having trouble. :D

Wendee
    Support Hero
  • Options
    Mrs.Bear wrote:
    Could you please try again? We have a funny little bug that causes mischief with the share emails when you have an apostrophe in your account name. I've removed the apostrophe for you...will you please try sending a share email now and let us know how it goes? You can email us here. Please let us know if you're still having trouble. :D

Wendee
    Support Hero

Wendee,
    I sent an invitation to myselft and that seem to fix the problem. However, that doesn't work for me (long term). My name has the apostrophe in it and is misspelled if not included. Do you know if this is something that's going to be fixed? I would rather you place the apostrophe back and I won't send invitations from the site.

"Photography is one of the most powerful mediums for documenting places, people and other points of interest, so we may share our experiences with others. These images will continue to impact someone’s life…long after we’re gone."
  • Options
    WendeeWendee Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    Tedi17 wrote:
    Wendee,
    I sent an invitation to myselft and that seem to fix the problem. However, that doesn't work for me (long term). My name has the apostrophe in it and is misspelled if not included. Do you know if this is something that's going to be fixed? I would rather you place the apostrophe back and I won't send invitations from the site.

This is something we're working on fixing, yes. Not sure about a timeline for getting it done, but I'll make sure to bring this up during our next meeting. Hopefully we'll be able to take care of it very soon. :)
  • Options
    Thanks for responding
    Mrs.Bear wrote:
    This is something we're working on fixing, yes. Not sure about a timeline for getting it done, but I'll make sure to bring this up during our next meeting. Hopefully we'll be able to take care of it very soon. :)

Thanks for responding, hope it's soon!