18+: Thinkers

NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
edited September 25, 2008 in Go Figure
Another little project we did last Sunday. The idea was to anchor the man in a classic "thinker" pose and then have the woman assuming various positions around him. The whole set was supplosed to be "implied only", but just in case I marked it "18+".

1:
379265469_ew2DK-XL.jpg

2:
379265503_u5tVy-XL.jpg

3:
379265550_FkrpS-XL.jpg

4:
379265585_eEUjF-XL.jpg

5:
379265636_Uenho-XL.jpg

6:
379265675_5Lfdk-XL.jpg

7:
379265719_swgDP-XL.jpg

8:
379265761_nNHWG-XL.jpg

C&C is welcome.
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2008
    la,La
    Admittedly I like the light surrounding the fellas head in this series. I actually like the indirect light as well, but just don't like the harsh light that exists. Just my 2 cents...not much of a contrast junkie, though I tend to like it in my reality.

What I like most is your presenting this to us here....

#2 is a major keeper pose for me...totally in love with this pose!

ciao~~tom
    tom wise
  • BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    Nice
    I like 1, 2, & 4 out of the bunch. The main reason is the indirect face and that the body shapes seemed to merge together and not be one person and a statue.

But I do like the overall image set very nice and tasteful.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    #2, #6, and #7 are my favorites because they utilize the thinker pose but her pose makes the scene believable with real emotion. deal.gif

It could have been cool to have her on the floor too. Kneeling and looking up at him, laying down with him looking over her. mwink.gif
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    Tom, Brad, Aaron - thanks, guys! thumb.gif

Aaron, having her on the floor would mean major lightning revamp, I simply didn't want to break the groove...mwink.gif
  • Michiel de BriederMichiel de Brieder Registered Users Posts: 864 Major grins
    edited September 25, 2008
    Hey Nik,

technically speaking? I love em!!!!! Great contrast, excellent B/W superb lighting (but I like that contrast mwink.gif)

On a higher level, considering the goal you wanted to achieve with this series, to have the thinker with (maybe his muse?) a woman around him. I like the idea, but the 'thinker' part is not expressed as well as can be, somehow his pose doesn't strik me as a 'thinker' pose, even though it is close to the work of .... (that Frenchman whose name has just gone out of my mind, even though I saw the original thinker about 6 weeks ago :s)

So I'm torn between the technical merit and the deeper goal :D

hope this makes sense!
    Michiel
    *In my mind it IS real*
    Michiel de Brieder
    http://www.digital-eye.nl
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    Hey Nik,

technically speaking? I love em!!!!! Great contrast, excellent B/W superb lighting (but I like that contrast mwink.gif)

On a higher level, considering the goal you wanted to achieve with this series, to have the thinker with (maybe his muse?) a woman around him. I like the idea, but the 'thinker' part is not expressed as well as can be, somehow his pose doesn't strik me as a 'thinker' pose, even though it is close to the work of .... (that Frenchman whose name has just gone out of my mind, even though I saw the original thinker about 6 weeks ago :s)

So I'm torn between the technical merit and the deeper goal :D

hope this makes sense!
    Michiel

Thank Michiel! thumb.gif
    Original, I believe, is called "Le Penseur" by Auguste Rodin.
  • Michiel de BriederMichiel de Brieder Registered Users Posts: 864 Major grins
    Nikolai wrote:
    Thank Michiel! thumb.gif
    Original, I believe, is called "Le Penseur" by Auguste Rodin.
    Ah yes, Rodin, that's the guy :) I went on a cycling trip to Paris just 6 weeks ago (700km cycling in 8 days is *heavy*) where we took this shot:
    http://michiel.smugmug.com/photos/380256164_tLAwT-M.jpg
    Le Penseur is right there in the back for ya mwink.gif
    *In my mind it IS real*
    Michiel de Brieder
    http://www.digital-eye.nl