Options

Custom Pricing Oddity

winnjewettwinnjewett Registered Users Posts: 329 Major grins
edited April 19, 2005 in SmugMug Support
Custom pricing behaves in an unexpected manner.

1) Start with all boxes cleared
2) Increase by $5; press apply to all products

Items less than $5.00 are increased to $5.00
Items greater than $5.00 are increased to their original price, not the original price plus five dollars.

-winn

Comments

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2005
    Interesting..
    winnjewett wrote:
    Custom pricing behaves in an unexpected manner.

1) Start with all boxes cleared
    2) Increase by $5; press apply to all products

Items less than $5.00 are increased to $5.00
    Items greater than $5.00 are increased to their original price, not the original price plus five dollars.

-winn
    Taking into account that zero means "no sale", I'd say items with zero price shall not be affected by the "mass" action at all, be it relative or absolute...

Good catch, winn!thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    {JT}{JT} Registered Users Posts: 1,016 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2005
    Actually, Winn is referring to all products that have no priceat all. If you wanted to only touch empty prices and leave zero'd out prices alone - you could chose "empty" or "do not match" from the drop down.

But, back to the real problem ...

Not sure if this would be considered a bug or something to fix. This is the first problem I have heard of with it and am hesitant to change the way it works since there have been zero complaints. If you wanted it to work out your way you could always apply the defaults to the page first, then increase by 5.
    Nikolai wrote:
    Taking into account that zero means "no sale", I'd say items with zero price shall not be affected by the "mass" action at all, be it relative or absolute...

Good catch, winn!thumb.gif
  • Options
    winnjewettwinnjewett Registered Users Posts: 329 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2005
    {JT} wrote:
    Actually, Winn is referring to all products that have no priceat all. If you wanted to only touch empty prices and leave zero'd out prices alone - you could chose "empty" or "do not match" from the drop down.

But, back to the real problem ...

Not sure if this would be considered a bug or something to fix. This is the first problem I have heard of with it and am hesitant to change the way it works since there have been zero complaints. If you wanted it to work out your way you could always apply the defaults to the page first, then increase by 5.
    Sounds good, JT. I'll leave this issue for you to sort out. It is certainly not a problem, as there is an easy work around. I guess it could cause some issues if you weren't careful, but I guess it hasn't yet. As the saying goes, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

-winn