Options

gift certificate for user account (friends and familY)

dirtbikejunkiedirtbikejunkie Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
edited April 19, 2005 in SmugMug Support
I have a friends and family members that I would like to sign up as a gift (birthdays, etc.). what's the best way to do this? I only want to pay for a 1 year subscription and make sure no re-occuring charges go to me, etc.

I was thinking a *digital* gift certificate thing would be best if that is available. That is, I pay for the first year and the gift certificate is emailed to them with info for creating the free 1-year account. then they have to continue to the subscription themselves at the end of the year.

Comments

• Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2005
    Here's another vote for gift certificates
    I have a friends and family members that I would like to sign up as a gift (birthdays, etc.). what's the best way to do this? I only want to pay for a 1 year subscription and make sure no re-occuring charges go to me, etc.

I was thinking a *digital* gift certificate thing would be best if that is available. That is, I pay for the first year and the gift certificate is emailed to them with info for creating the free 1-year account. then they have to continue to the subscription themselves at the end of the year.
    I'm casting a second vote for something like this. I'd be willing to sign some family members up for a year, but I don't want to sign up for paying for them in perpetuity.

My additional request is to let those of us with more referral dollars than we can ever spend on our own annual fees, spend some of it on gift certificates for new users. It seems like that's a dual win. You get more subscribers in the long run because we gift some family members into their first year of service and we get something to do with our referral dollars to encourage us to keep referring folks and earning more.

--John
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question