Options

Custom watermark stopped "taking"

DellDell Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
edited September 27, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Hi! I'm Dell, and I'm new and clueless, so I apologize for what is likely just user density.

I set up my wonderful new account yesterday, and immediately created a custom watermark. I was able to apply it to most the images, and was thrilled! :clap

But, then, it somehow stopped working when I uploaded more. :scratch I have my options set in each gallery to use my custom watermark, so I figured it would happen automatically. When it didn't add it automatically, I tried to then add the watermark through the photo tools menu. It said it works in the background and might take time, but it has been nearly 24 hours, and they still say "Proof" across the middle instead of my custom watermark in the lower right corner.

At first I thought the issue was just in my private, password protected, locked tight galleries, because watermarks didn't "stick" on any of those, but now photos I upload to my viewable galleries aren't keeping their watermarks either. (Most show the custom watermark, but the new ones don't.)

In all my galeries the "hide user" is set to "no" and they are all set to "custom" for appearance. They are photos bigger than 800 px on a side.

I'll give the link to my smugmug, but am not sure how helpful it will be. There's only one photo so far in the viewable galleries that isn't taking the custom watermark, but insisting on saying "proof". Most the problem photos are in galleries only I can see.

http://prairiefrogportraits.smugmug.com

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2008
    Dell wrote:
    I'll give the link to my smugmug, but am not sure how helpful it will be. There's only one photo so far in the viewable galleries that isn't taking the custom watermark, but insisting on saying "proof". Most the problem photos are in galleries only I can see.

http://prairiefrogportraits.smugmug.com

Thanks for any help!
    specifically and exactly, which photo? We must see it :D
  • Options
    Wow! You are fast!

Will this link to the gallery or the photo?

http://www.prairiefrogportraits.smugmug.com/gallery/6066380_MYvTP

If it links to the gallery, it is one of the two hummingbird collages. Shouldn't be hard to find, I only have 7 picts in the gallery all together. The two hummingbird collages are identical, and uploaded from the same original on my harddrive. The only difference is that one was uploaded to test after I started having issues with the "locked down"/invisible galleries.
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    I think you deleted your custom watermark image. Could that be the case? If not, please link me to it? ear.gif
  • Options
    Thank you! Ivar, that was exactly it! Somehow in rearranging things I must have deleted it.

I'm a dingbat for sure! But I'm delighted you were able to help me figure out what I did wrong.

Thanks so much!