Options

Share button not hiding with CSS

patsy easleypatsy easley Registered Users Posts: 91 Big grins
edited September 27, 2008 in SmugMug Support
First off I LOVE the new buttons. The only problem I am having is that when easy sharing is enabled the share buttons are showing when I am logged out with the CSS coding that should prevent it. I was unable to get it fixed on my own so I disabled the share buttons. Is anyone else having this problem and does anyone know how to fix it.

Comments

• Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2008
    First off I LOVE the new buttons. The only problem I am having is that when easy sharing is enabled the share buttons are showing when I am logged out with the CSS coding that should prevent it. I was unable to get it fixed on my own so I disabled the share buttons. Is anyone else having this problem and does anyone know how to fix it.

It looks like the required CSS coding to show the Share button when logged in, but not when logged out has changed.

This CSS seems to work on my site in FF2 and IE7:

#shareButton {display:none;}
    .loggedIn #shareButton {display:-moz-inline-box; display:inline-block;}

You could give it a try and let us know if it works for you.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    patsy easleypatsy easley Registered Users Posts: 91 Big grins
    That fixed it. :ivar
    Thank you for the help!
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    jfriend wrote:
    It looks like the required CSS coding to show the Share button when logged in, but not when logged out has changed.

This CSS seems to work on my site in FF2 and IE7:

#shareButton {display:none;}
    .loggedIn #shareButton {display:-moz-inline-box; display:inline-block;}

You could give it a try and let us know if it works for you.
    This shouldn't be the case, but seems to be.

I'm checking with our devloper
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    Andy wrote:
    This shouldn't be the case, but seems to be.

I'm checking with our devloper

Just so you know the origin of this code Andy. The old way of making it visible "display:block" no longer works with the share button because it's laid out differently than it used to be, it's now in an inline span.

I got this code from the actual page itself, as it's the display style that the share button has when it's visible in a default page with no customization. I didn't invent this, I just looked at what a default share button had it's style as.

So, we display:none, when you don't want it and set the style the way it would normally be when you do want it.

The obvious downside to this change in the shareButton's style on the default page is that it breaks everyone who was trying to make it only visible when logged in.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    jfriend wrote:
    Just so you know the origin of this code Andy. The old way of making it visible "display:block" no longer works with the share button because it's laid out differently than it used to be, it's now in an inline span.

I got this code from the actual page itself, as it's the display style that the share button has when it's visible in a default page with no customization. I didn't invent this, I just looked at what a default share button had it's style as.

So, we display:none, when you don't want it and set the style the way it would normally be when you do want it.

The obvious downside to this change in the shareButton's style on the default page is that it breaks everyone who was trying to make it only visible when logged in.
    yes i know how it worked, it's a bug and we'll sort it out.