Options

College Sweethearts Wedding

ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
edited September 28, 2008 in Weddings
These two love birds met in college where I also met them! We all knew each other from Japanese club originally.... and they got to study abroad in Japan together, where he proposed to her on the top of Tokyo Tower! Pretty cool stuff, well they finally got married and I was honored to be their photographer. Wedding was September 13th, 2008... the day that most of Northwest, IN and Chicago got tons of rain and flooding... so no outside shots were possible, but we made do with what we had inside!

1. I've wanted to do an under the veil shot for so long and they humored me and I love it!
372876441_pUAn8-M.jpg

2. I had to pose them w/ the sign hanging in the church
372874121_ZuMMQ-M.jpg

3. I took this from the balcony and love how it came out
372865370_ETkvt-M.jpg

4. A cute shot from the front, they were in this position since I was actually taking pics of their hands over her dress in the front, and then I snapped this after that
372875974_eqAmR-M.jpg

5. Making her laugh during the reception
372878557_4MLYF-M.jpg

6. This was clever, as soon as he got the garter off without even turning around he whipped his hand backwards and tossed it, the guys were totally caught off guard
372886599_We8qR-M.jpg

7. The garter later ended up as a headband on the girl who caught the bouquet
372888916_bCpfH-M.jpg

8. A ring shot that also shows off the intricacy of their gorgeous unity candle. Neat note about the bride's ring - the engagement ring and this ring have sapphires that were chosen specially to match her eyes by the groom!
372866600_mk8Tu-M.jpg

9. And because this church was just so beautiful inside, a nice wider angle shot of the sanctuary
372871734_kQZUG-M.jpg

Thanks for looking, some more of my favorites are here:
http://photos.cathoffman.com/gallery/5501727_AH2t3/

Comments

• Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited September 25, 2008
    Great job indoors. I was shooting about 3 hours south of you that day and while it POURED the night before, it was pretty hot on Saturday, but we got some time outside. Weather is so funny. (Let's hope for a good one this weekend eh? mwink.gif)

I like what you've alluded to in 4...a way to make the best use of time and "flow posing". Any of these little tricks can help shots go smoother, faster. Thanks for sharing!

5 and 6 are GREAT captures....way to be ready. I think the veil shot is very cool, too! Might benefit from a bit of brightening/contrast.

They look so happy together! And that Tokyo proposal...that would have been an awesome photo op!
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    Proposal on top of Tokyo Tower? Sounds like something out of a manga..:D Pretty slick stuff, Cat!!

#2, you cut off some of the "we." Sure I can infer that it is WE.. but it would have been cool if you had it all there.
    #6, go DUDE!!!! clap.gif
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    I am really diggin #3 & #9! Cool photos and love that sanctuary! Well done.thumb.gif
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • Options
    ktdidktdid Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    Love these!

I think your veil shot is fabulous--glad someone played along!
  • Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2008
    What a gorgeous sanctuary.....love 3 and 9.:D
  • Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2008
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    What a gorgeous sanctuary.....love 3 and 9.:D

You know what's funny? The bride and groom kept warning me how terrible lighting was for photographers there... but not one did I not have issues with it, I loved it for how gorgeous it was!