Options

Prague in September

bike21bike21 Registered Users Posts: 836 Major grins
edited September 29, 2008 in Journeys
A few shots from our trip to Prague recently. The weather didn't cooperate with a lot of overcast skies, but I managed well enough I think.

The Prague Castle - it dates back to the 9th century and is the world's largest castle.
379717692_tfZsx-M.jpg

Looking out over the city from Prague Castle
379719449_v77ZP-M.jpg

379718878_2VoRz-M.jpg

The rear of the St. Vitus Cathedral
379719978_KwXCY-M.jpg

Inside the St. Vitus Cathedral - very beautiful!
379720846_BqDpK-M.jpg

379723276_SKmYE-M.jpg

379868076_zyP93-M.jpg

379714113_9Evwm-M.jpg

379725926_WZNFx-M.jpg

The National Theater and the statue of St. Wencelas
379867002_EtxwA-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    monchee10monchee10 Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
    edited September 26, 2008
    Nice photos. I like the contrast and color in the fifth one, and the minimal color in the last one. Bravo.
    Thanks,

Joe
    :thumb
    D200, Sigma 15-30 f3.5-5.6, Nikon 50mm f1.8, 100mm f2.8, SB600
    josephlemasphotography.smugmug.com
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    really nice series......could I make one suggestion......for those that do not have a clue as to what they are looking at......please caption your photos....tell us a bit about what we're looking at.........I recognize some places I see but not everything. just a suggestion.

Prague and the Czech Republic as a whole seems to stay overcast a lot.....from those that live there that i know, as I was told it is a normality......

All of you posting pics of Praha sure make me want to get back there.........Ohhhhh I miss the Czech Republic.......of course that just makes the rest of Europe easier to get to than it is from Ks....................
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    Art Scott wrote:
    really nice series......could I make one suggestion......for those that do not have a clue as to what they are looking at......please caption your photos....tell us a bit about what we're looking at.........I recognize some places I see but not everything. just a suggestion.

Thanks for the kudos and point taken. Will go back and edit some info into the series :)
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    Amazing photos church is great
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    ArtPhotographyArtPhotography Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    I like the composition of your shots but I think your horizon line in the first shot is off, as well as the vertical window shot.
  • Options
    edited September 28, 2008
    I like the composition of your shots but I think your horizon line in the first shot is off, as well as the vertical window shot.

Thanks for the input, I noticed the horizon line as well on the castle. I can't tell with the window shot if the window, the frame, or the building is crooked. Kind of a hard one to correct :)
  • Options
    Amazing photos church is great
    Thanks!
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins

Actually the Prazsky Hrad is not a level compound and the first photo is true representation of how it sits on the hill.....the vertical window is not actually unlevel as it is a distortion from the artist not being straight on with the window, probably so he could get the clock in the pane and not be split by the divider in the window.....

I could be totally wrong also.....only the artist knows for sure.....none of my tripoded photos of Prazsky Hrad (Prague Castle) are any different....in fact it is almost impossible to get a photo in Praha with a level horizon:D everything there slopes.....but a few warm pivo it don't matter any longerrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited September 29, 2008
    Art Scott wrote:
    Actually the Prazsky Hrad is not a level compound and the first photo is true representation of how it sits on the hill.....the vertical window is not actually unlevel as it is a distortion from the artist not being straight on with the window, probably so he could get the clock in the pane and not be split by the divider in the window.....

I could be totally wrong also.....only the artist knows for sure.....none of my tripoded photos of Prazsky Hrad (Prague Castle) are any different....in fact it is almost impossible to get a photo in Praha with a level horizon:D everything there slopes.....but a few warm pivo it don't matter any longerrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

Actually you are 100% correct. Looking back in each of my photos of the castle and my various attempts at the window shot, not a single one is level in any respect. The castle is a hard one to get just right, I found many different vantage points during the week there. Also a few that I couldn't access that would have been stellar shots I think.

And thankfully I hadn't had too many Pivo just yet :D