Options

photo mount question

MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
edited October 1, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I am making a large, sign-in board for my daughter's Bat Mitzvah. I'd like to use the following photo and add a large white border for guests to sign as they enter. I'm thinking the photo has to be mounted on a sturdy board so it can be place on an easel. Does smugmug offer anything like a large mounted foamcore print? If so, I can't find it. Any suggestions would be helpful.

381446014_2osbu-L.jpg

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2008
    No, we don't. Print it as big as you like, and mount it yourself to foam core, it's easy to find, any art store deal.gif
  • Options
    Andy wrote:
    No, we don't. Print it as big as you like, and mount it yourself to foam core, it's easy to find, any art store deal.gif

silly question, but what type of adhesive do I use?
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    Mitchell wrote:
    silly question, but what type of adhesive do I use?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glue_stick
  • Options
    I'm open to any other suggestions as to how to make one of these sign in boards with this photo.
  • Options
    mike.strockmike.strock Registered Users Posts: 147 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2008
    Mitchell wrote:
    I'm open to any other suggestions as to how to make one of these sign in boards with this photo.

What I've seen done in the past is to put a mat around the phone which is much larger than it should really be.

For example, on an 11x14, have a mat that is 16x20 and then have the guests use the mat to sign on.

It seems to work pretty well.

Mike.
  • Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2008
    Are you envisioning adding a white border printed as part of the actual photo (like the smugmug no crop option), or the foam core being the white border? For the former, I would go with a WHCC standout mount, personally. Very well done for the $$.
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Options
    edited October 1, 2008
    urbanaries wrote:
    Are you envisioning adding a white border printed as part of the actual photo (like the smugmug no crop option), or the foam core being the white border? For the former, I would go with a WHCC standout mount, personally. Very well done for the $$.

I think that's what I'm looking to do.

She's decided she wants portrait orientation on an easel. I've cropped the photo and added a large, border. This will be printed 30x40. WHCC has several different mounts this size. I was leaning towards foamcore. Any thoughts?

382475712_kv3ys-L.jpg