Options

HELP!!!!.....please?

shatchshatch Registered Users Posts: 798 Major grins
edited October 1, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
Sorry! I missed the discussion on "Polls" so I have deleted the photos.

Thanks Cuong and AaronNelson for your comments! Thanks to any of you who voted. I didn't set up the poll correctly anyway so I don't know what the outcome was on it. :dunno

Best wishes to all.
Steven

Which Stands Out the Most? 8 votes

Koombiah
62% 5 votes
Fall Air
0% 0 votes
End of Day
0% 0 votes
From the Peak
0% 0 votes
Balanced
12% 1 vote
End of Workout
12% 1 vote
Relax
0% 0 votes
Evening Jog
0% 0 votes
Wednesday Night Lights
0% 0 votes
Not there yet...keep shooting
12% 1 vote

Comments

• Options
    CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2008
    I like #1 and #8, but the power lines in #8 just didn't do it for me. So my pick would be #1. The rest, except #9, somehow feels like early morning but not really dawn to me.

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips
  • Options
    TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    im very fond of #1......jealous in fact!
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    The Curious CamelThe Curious Camel Registered Users Posts: 943 Major grins
    I like 1 and 8, I like the power lines in eight because I think it gives a real life type feeling. all of them are good though. I'm jealous to.

peace
  • Options
    richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    ne_nau.gif I can't see any photos.
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    I just closed the poll.

Steven,
    We instituted a new piece of code that hides the results of the polls - for final voting purposes. This obviously applies to all polls, so we're basically experimenting and have suggested you either (a) remember to set an end date for your poll, (b) ask us to fix it (as I just did) or (c) -most preferred- stick to good ol discussion and feedback. nod.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    DoctorIt wrote:
    I just closed the poll.

Steven,
    We instituted a new piece of code that hides the results of the polls - for final voting purposes. This obviously applies to all polls, so we're basically experimenting and have suggested you either (a) remember to set an end date for your poll, (b) ask us to fix it (as I just did) or (c) -most preferred- stick to good ol discussion and feedback. nod.gif

Thanks DoctorIt! thumb.gifDuely noted and appreciated!
  • Options
    TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    lets see the images again shatcheek7.gif
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    edited October 1, 2008
    lets see the images again shatcheek7.gif

Is it cheap to just put the link to them?
    Possible Photos for Dawn / Dusk
  • Options
    HaliteHalite Registered Users Posts: 467 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2008
    shatch wrote:
    Is it cheap to just put the link to them?
    Possible Photos for Dawn / Dusk

Not at all; easy enough to click through.

#1 is the strongest in the gallery. Some of the others are nice, but would only be contenders with processing.
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2008
    Halite wrote:
    Not at all; easy enough to click through.

#1 is the strongest in the gallery. Some of the others are nice, but would only be contenders with processing.

A great series. Clearly I'm in the minority, but I likethe silhouetted runner as best for the theme, followed by the first of the handstanding yoga pose.
  • Options
    idiomidiom Registered Users Posts: 132 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2008
    divamum wrote:
    A great series. Clearly I'm in the minority, but I likethe silhouetted runner as best for the theme, followed by the first of the handstanding yoga pose.

I liked the runner as well, but the photo is a bit crooked, and the powerlines kinda bug me, but still I like it. It's tough when you can't fix a crooked photo just a touch. haha.

381526536_cE2xV-L.jpg

On a side note I like (and am not sure how you did it) the stars in the last few photos. Particularly this one:

384385309_ykH5Z-M.jpg

Mind sharing?

:D
  • Options
    richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2008
    I like #1 and #9.

Nice series!!
  • Options
    edited October 1, 2008
    Thanks Gail, Halite, idiom and richtersl for the comments and feedback!!!

idiom, in regards to the star trail shots, I had the camera on a tripod and set it to "bulb" which allows me to open the shutter with a cable release for as long as I choose. The shot you posted was for about 45 minutes. I had the camera set in a dark clump of trees. Prior to closing the shutter, I walked around the area with my flash in hand and fired it manually at the trees. Next time I'll use even more flash and set the white balance to a cool 3200-3600 K. That may make the sky look blue instead of grey.
  • Options
    idiomidiom Registered Users Posts: 132 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2008
    shatch wrote:
    Thanks Gail, Halite, idiom and richtersl for the comments and feedback!!!

idiom, in regards to the star trail shots, I had the camera on a tripod and set it to "bulb" which allows me to open the shutter with a cable release for as long as I choose. The shot you posted was for about 45 minutes. I had the camera set in a dark clump of trees. Prior to closing the shutter, I walked around the area with my flash in hand and fired it manually at the trees. Next time I'll use even more flash and set the white balance to a cool 3200-3600 K. That may make the sky look blue instead of grey.

wow 45 mins. that makes sense. Pretty neat.