Options

One click

reedtessreedtess Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
edited October 2, 2008 in SmugMug Support
how do you make a header like "info" click once and goes directly to my info page? Thank you for your help.
www.reedtess.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2008
    reedtess wrote:
    how do you make a header like "info" click once and goes directly to my info page? Thank you for your help.
    www.reedtess.smugmug.com
    Instead of just this for your header:

<div id="my_banner"> </div>

change it to this:

<a href="/Info%20and%20Pricing"><div id="my_banner"> </div></a>

That surrounds your banner with a link to your info page so that any click in the banner goes to the info page.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    edited October 2, 2008
    I tried to paste them in my header but for some reason, it's not working.
    Help please.
    Thank you.

jfriend wrote:
    Instead of just this for your header:

<div id="my_banner"> </div>

change it to this:

<a href="/Info%20and%20Pricing"><div id="my_banner"> </div></a>

That surrounds your banner with a link to your info page so that any click in the banner goes to the info page.
  • Options
    edited October 2, 2008
    reedtess wrote:
    I tried to paste them in my header but for some reason, it's not working.
    Help please.
    Thank you.

Maybe I didn't understand what you wanted. The code I gave you made it so when a visitor clicks on your banner image, it takes you to the same place the info button in your navbar goes. That is working for me.

Did you want something different?
    --John
    HomepagePopular
  • Options
    edited October 2, 2008
    John,I would like a one click at "info" in my header that would go directly to the page.
    Right now, I have to click twice before I can get to my info page.
    If you don't mind going to my website and click "info", you will see my picture first and click it again then it goes to the info page.
    So you would have to click twice to get to my info page.
    Thank you.
    jfriend wrote:
    Maybe I didn't understand what you wanted. The code I gave you made it so when a visitor clicks on your banner image, it takes you to the same place the info button in your navbar goes. That is working for me.

Did you want something different?
  • Options
    edited October 2, 2008
    reedtess wrote:
    I would like a one click at "info" in my header that would go directly to the page.
    Right now, I have to click twice before I can get to my info page.
    Thank you.
    Oh, OK. I misunderstood what you wanted.

You just have to change the link for the info button in your navbar. Change:

<li><a href="http://reedtess.smugmug.com/Info and Pricing">info</a></li>

to:

<li><a href="http://reedtess.smugmug.com/gallery/3208392_bt7af">info</a></li&gt;

So that you can do this yourself in the future. The href parameter in an <a> tag is where you will go when you click. I just went to the actual info page, copied the link from the browser and then replaces the info and pricing link with this new one. You can change any of your navbar links this.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
  • Options
    edited October 2, 2008
    John,
    It's working, thank you so much.
    One more question, How do I apply this in sub-categories?
    When I click "women" under Gallery, I have to click again(twice) to get to that page.
    By the way, your pictures looks great.
    Thank you.
    jfriend wrote:
    Oh, OK. I misunderstood what you wanted.

You just have to change the link for the info button in your navbar. Change:

<li><a href="http://reedtess.smugmug.com/Info and Pricing">info</a></li>

to:

<li><a href="http://reedtess.smugmug.com/gallery/3208392_bt7af">info</a></li&gt;

So that you can do this yourself in the future. The href parameter in an <a> tag is where you will go when you click. I just went to the actual info page, copied the link from the browser and then replaces the info and pricing link with this new one. You can change any of your navbar links this.
  • Options
    edited October 2, 2008
    reedtess wrote:
    One more question, How do I apply this in sub-categories?
    When I click "women" under Gallery, I have to click again(twice) to get to that page.

You have over-specified sub-categories. For the "Women" gallery, get rid of the sub-category "women". Just set it to none. You don't need this extra level of sub-categories because it is just making extra navigation steps. The same goes for any other sub-categories that only have one gallery in them.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
  • Options
    edited October 2, 2008
    John,
    Once again,thank you.
    I do appreciate your help.
    jfriend wrote:
    You have over-specified sub-categories. For the "Women" gallery, get rid of the sub-category "women". Just set it to none. You don't need this extra level of sub-categories because it is just making extra navigation steps. The same goes for any other sub-categories that only have one gallery in them.