SmugBrowser - Firefox/Flock Extension BETA

Comments

• kev77kev77 Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited September 22, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Same for me, ignored it till I read your post.

Did it happen only when you tried to create a new account? Once the account has been created, did you still encounter the same issue?
  • jrogersjrogers Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    edited September 22, 2008
    I just tried this out for the first time.....cool add-on!
  • dwterrydwterry Registered Users Posts: 209 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2008
    kev77 wrote:
    Did it happen only when you tried to create a new account? Once the account has been created, did you still encounter the same issue?

For me it happened only the first time running Smugbrowser. I entered my login information and it logged in and got stuck updating my folder hierarchy.

I have since then tried it several times and it has not gotten stuck once. In fact, it loads up fairly quick. I could be wrong, but I think it is loading up quicker than the old Smugbrowser for FF2 did. Changes in FF3? Changes in Smugbrowser? I dunno. But I like it. :)
    dwterry wrote:
    For me it happened only the first time running Smugbrowser. I entered my login information and it logged in and got stuck updating my folder hierarchy.

I have since then tried it several times and it has not gotten stuck once. In fact, it loads up fairly quick. I could be wrong, but I think it is loading up quicker than the old Smugbrowser for FF2 did. Changes in FF3? Changes in Smugbrowser? I dunno. But I like it. :)

There is no significant change to smugbrowser. Apparent it s FF3 clap.gif. I am currently trying to fix some basic functionalities like create, rename, delete category and subcategory. Programming using javascript really killing me hehe.
  • dwterrydwterry Registered Users Posts: 209 Major grins
    kev77 wrote:
    There is no significant change to smugbrowser. Apparent it s FF3 clap.gif.

Either way, I'm happy. :) I really do like the new FF3. I held off upgrading for a long time simply due to the loss of Smugbrowser. So I'm *really* happy to see you pick up the ball and run with it.

THANKS!!!
  • cmalcmal Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    wings.gifThank you so very much. It works great for me!!!!!

devbobo wrote:
    A SmugMug user, Fendy Oei has been kind enough to fix SmugBrowser to work with FF3. Details here.
    Please visit my galleries: http://cynthiamalbon.smugmug.com/
  • kmlkml Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    Many thanks to Fendy Oei for this update!!

I had been waiting to update to FF3 because of loosing SB - all these treats all in one day!

All works great!
  • bandgeekndbbandgeekndb Registered Users Posts: 284 Major grins
    edited September 26, 2008
    Does this have any known problems with other extensions? For some reason, I can't get SmugBrowser or SmugManager to work in my FF3 installation. I have a lot of other extensions, but I'm hesitant to remove/disable them to test this.

Thanks!
    Nikon D7000, D90

Sigma 18-50 f/2.8, 70-200 f/2.8
    Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6, 50mm f/1.8
    edited September 26, 2008
    Does this have any known problems with other extensions? For some reason, I can't get SmugBrowser or SmugManager to work in my FF3 installation. I have a lot of other extensions, but I'm hesitant to remove/disable them to test this.

Thanks!

Perhaps you can share with us what was the problem you encountered during installation. Hv you tried to installed latest version in FF3?
    edited September 27, 2008
    Well, since I'm in FF3.0.2 (soon to be FF3.0.3 when I restart), I'm trying SB v0.5.6 beta since that is the FF3 supported version.

When I try to install either SmugBrowser or SmugManager, the extension fails to install with no error. When I restart Firefox after installation, I open the addons dialog and no SmugMug extensions are present. The one time that SmugManager did show up in the list, I tried to add the toolbar buttons as I read in the tutorial and the button was not in my customization dialog.

If there are any log files, etc you need, please ask, I'll happily grab them for you. As for listing current extensions, it could be a long list.

Also, this is a backed up FF profile, restored from another computer, so I'm going to try a fresh install and see if the installs go ok there, and if so, it's just my screwy FF profile.

Thanks!
    Nikon D7000, D90

• saronannsaronann Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited September 29, 2008
    Installed in FF 3.03 - Works fine
    I installed the latest beta for SmugBrowser. It installed without problems and seems to be working correctly.

Thanks!
    Well, since I'm in FF3.0.2 (soon to be FF3.0.3 when I restart), I'm trying SB v0.5.6 beta since that is the FF3 supported version.

When I try to install either SmugBrowser or SmugManager, the extension fails to install with no error. When I restart Firefox after installation, I open the addons dialog and no SmugMug extensions are present. The one time that SmugManager did show up in the list, I tried to add the toolbar buttons as I read in the tutorial and the button was not in my customization dialog.

If there are any log files, etc you need, please ask, I'll happily grab them for you. As for listing current extensions, it could be a long list.

Also, this is a backed up FF profile, restored from another computer, so I'm going to try a fresh install and see if the installs go ok there, and if so, it's just my screwy FF profile.

Thanks!

I just installed FF3.0.3, it still works. Can you try to run this in command prompt:

start "" "%ProgramFiles%\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -chrome chrome://smugbrowser/content/xul/browser.xul

I wanna find out whether it was actually installed but the menu is not displayed under Tools.
    headscratch.gifscratchheadscratch.gifeek7.gifhuheek7.gifne_nau.gifdunnone_nau.gif

*proceeds to bang head against wall, then throw computer across the room*

Well, of course, after I post that I'm having a problem, I get both SmugBrowser and SmugManager to install without a hitch. I swear, I rebooted my computer while trying before, I rebooted Firefox, who knows what changed.

Then again, I'm on Vista (yes, let the booing commence, I know...I happen to love it...most of the time) so god knows what might have been messing with the installations.

Anyway, thanks for the support...I'm going to hang my head in shame somewhere and cry :D

~Nick
    Nikon D7000, D90

• ghealyghealy Registered Users Posts: 247 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2008
    Issue with accents?
    I have this gallery
    http://ghealy.smugmug.com/gallery/1233182_vH7ZH

Gallery title is:
    Montréal's Féte des Neiges - 2006

In Smugbrowser, it shows up as 'Montr'

Is the browser unable to handle accented letters?
    edited October 2, 2008
    ghealy wrote:
    I have this gallery
    http://ghealy.smugmug.com/gallery/1233182_vH7ZH

Gallery title is:
    Montréal's Féte des Neiges - 2006

In Smugbrowser, it shows up as 'Montr'

Is the browser unable to handle accented letters?

This issue will be addressed in next version. Hopefully by this weekend...
    edited October 2, 2008
    Originally Posted by kev77
    Get SmugBrowser v0.5.7.

If you find any serious issue with this new version, please rollback to v0.5.6.
  • iklimoniklimon Registered Users Posts: 163 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2008
    kev77 wrote:
    Get SmugBrowser v0.5.7.

If you find any serious issue with this new version, please rollback to v0.5.6.

It only lets me log into someone else's account:

oeifendy?

It will not let me create new accounts. I would definitely make whatever change is necessary to get your account out of there before someone screws with your account. :-(
    Ian Klimon
    www.klimon.com
    edited October 2, 2008
    Just to follow up on this. I rolled back to 0.5.6 and I created my two accounts then I tried to roll forward and it clobbered my accounts and left your account in there.

So the problem seems to originate with 0.5.7. eek7.gif

BTW, thank you for taking the time to update SmugBrowser. wings.gif
    Ian Klimon
    www.klimon.com
    edited October 2, 2008
    I had written to SmugMug Help and they have locked down the account and contacted the developer directly. Hopefully before any mischief took place. :)

thumb.gif
    Ian Klimon
    www.klimon.com
    edited October 2, 2008
    iklimon wrote:
    I had written to SmugMug Help and they have locked down the account and contacted the developer directly. Hopefully before any mischief took place. :)

thumb.gif

Thanks man. I hv fixed it.
  • PilznrPilznr Registered Users Posts: 262 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2008
    Bulk Update with 0.5.7
    I seem to be having a problem with the Bulk Update Feature. I have the most current version of Smugbrowser (0.5.7) on FF 3.0.3.

When I select the bulk update from a folder:
    387711403_zZAyr-L.jpg
    And I select Bulk Update to get the below Settings Box:
    387711408_jeBqG-L.jpg

ALL of the radio buttons and drop down menus are set to a default value.
    On the old version of Smugbrowser, the bulk update would make everything grey in this menu, and it would not make any changes until you click on one of the options. Once you made a few settings, it only changed those specific settings in the galleries.

Am I doing something wrong? Has the bulk update procedure changed?
    edited October 6, 2008
    I just checked the original code from v0.5.5. There is no change in bulk update procedure.

David, pls correct me if I am wrong.
  • TexasFamilyTexasFamily Registered Users Posts: 100 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2008
    I just installed 0.5.7 on ff 3.0.3

I can see my folder structure...but when I click on a gallery...the photos blink and then disappear...all I see are the squares where the thumbnails should be.

any ideas...?

notes...
    gallery is passwd protected...I'm pretty sure i saw the thumbs with 0.5.6
    I changed a description on the gallery fine.

Edward
  • HaighHaigh Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
    edited October 7, 2008
    Pilznr wrote:
    ALL of the radio buttons and drop down menus are set to a default value.
    On the old version of Smugbrowser, the bulk update would make everything grey in this menu, and it would not make any changes until you click on one of the options. Once you made a few settings, it only changed those specific settings in the galleries.
    kev77 wrote:
    I just checked the original code from v0.5.5. There is no change in bulk update procedure.

I still use the original version on FF2 and the bulk update works just as Pilznr described it. Radio buttons are all blank and only the changed options are updated. This is an essential functionality in the feature as it allows only some of the options to be changed without making all galleries identical.

Robert
    edited October 10, 2008
    I think I may need a beta tester to ensure I don't release a buggy smugbrowser. Any volunteer?
    edited October 10, 2008
    Get SmugBrowser v0.5.8.

1. Fixed Bulk Update that always set first radio button as selected.
    2. Fixed log in issue for PRO user.
  • mountainpzmountainpz Registered Users Posts: 259 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2008
    Renaming categories
    Is there a way to rename categories on SmugBrowser? I need to rename a "Landscapes" category "Nature and Travel" but do not really want to individually move 52 galleries...

Thanks!
    - Paul

Paul Zizka Photography: zizka.smugmug.com
    The Blog - Twitter - Facebook
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    edited October 11, 2008
    mountainpz wrote:
    Is there a way to rename categories on SmugBrowser? I need to rename a "Landscapes" category "Nature and Travel" but do not really want to individually move 52 galleries.
    You can only rename categories that you created yourself. Landscapes is s smugmug-created category that can't be renamed.

You can use SmugBrowswer to change the categories assigned to each gallery, but you'll need to change each gallery individually. The bulk update at the category level doesn't include reassigning the category.

But this type of change is really fast. While 52 galleries sounds like a lot, my guess is it won't take long to make the changes (using SmugBrowser).

--- Denise
  • mountainpzmountainpz Registered Users Posts: 259 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2008
    You can only rename categories that you created yourself. Landscapes is s smugmug-created category that can't be renamed.

You can use SmugBrowswer to change the categories assigned to each gallery, but you'll need to change each gallery individually. The bulk update at the category level doesn't include reassigning the category.

But this type of change is really fast. While 52 galleries sounds like a lot, my guess is it won't take long to make the changes (using SmugBrowser).

--- Denise

Thanks a lot Denise! Very helpful.
    - Paul

Paul Zizka Photography: zizka.smugmug.com
    The Blog - Twitter - Facebook
  • LauraSLauraS Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited October 13, 2008
    I just wanted to say THANK YOU!!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Just found this last week and it is the best ever- now I will be actually using my smugmug account instead of being continually frustrated! :P