Options

One more Central Park(Infra red sort of)

4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
edited April 21, 2005 in Landscapes
I would love to get into infra red one fo these days but I haev so much to learn about basic photgraphy first. This was processed with an infra red plug in for PS. I don't think it is half bad.

20074629-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    lukiedukielukiedukie Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited April 19, 2005
    4labs wrote:
    I would love to get into infra red one fo these days but I haev so much to learn about basic photgraphy first. This was processed with an infra red plug in for PS. I don't think it is half bad.

20074629-L.jpg
    that looks nice- i have ps elements can you get plugin's for that is so how and where do you get them. do they cost anything?
  • Options
    KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2005
    Curious on where you got the plugin. I'd like to give it a go.
  • Options
    edited April 20, 2005
    Khaos wrote:
    Curious on where you got the plugin. I'd like to give it a go.
    FRed Miranda it wasn't a major expense
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2005
    I have the Fm plugin also 4 but i cant get results as good as yours. Thats a nice photo.
  • Options
    Phil U.Phil U. Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2005
    4labs wrote:
    Nice shot. Amazing that it's actually a good representation of what the IR shot would have looked like. It helps that you had a good pic to start with I imagine.
  • Options
    edited April 21, 2005
    Phil U. wrote:
    Nice shot. Amazing that it's actually a good representation of what the IR shot would have looked like. It helps that you had a good pic to start with I imagine.
    Thnxs...I haven't found I like the effect very often but I was happy with this one..
  • Options
    Phil U.Phil U. Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2005
    4labs wrote:
    Thnxs...I haven't found I like the effect very often but I was happy with this one..

I agree with you. I've seen several IR shots that are done just for the sake of IR instead of making a photo (hell, I'm sure I've been guilty of it). I don't know about the results with the IR action, but doing some proper IR shooting is one way to make use of the very contrasty "bright hours" of mid day and still get some good results. IR can definitely produce a "different way of looking at things".

Oh, I was going to ask - was the sky hazy? A real IR shot on a clear day will produce a very dark or near black sky. I just wondered if that was something that the action didn't mimic very well.
  • Options
    edited April 21, 2005
    It wasn't hazy at all. That is the biggest problem I haev found with the FM action. what shoudl be a very dark sky ends up being much too light and you get very distinct bands from the horizon up that don't look natural at all. I find the plug in works much better with not much sky visanle in the photo. I am just starting to get away from taking pics of just my pups.. So I look foward to really seeing what the Plug in can do or maybe I will just learn to shoot IR straight from the camera