Options

adjusting white balance, or little red dots

jaronnajaronna Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited October 6, 2008 in Technique
I've noticed in some of my pics that there are little red flecks or a lack of definition/color accuracy in high red areas -- blown reds? Thinking it may have something to do with the white balance, but I'd appreciate any feedback on what might be causing this and how to correct it properly.

Yes, I'm a rank beginner with digital cameras and more than a little leery of all the bells and whistles on mine -- a big difference between this and the old days. And yes, you're looking at someone who sometimes waxes nostalgic for her typewriter when faced with a naughty computer (aka. very technically challenged).

Comments

• Options
    davidweaverdavidweaver Registered Users Posts: 681 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2008
    Posting a picture would help out us forum readers a lot!

jaronna wrote:
    I've noticed in some of my pics that there are little red flecks or a lack of definition/color accuracy in high red areas -- blown reds? Thinking it may have something to do with the white balance, but I'd appreciate any feedback on what might be causing this and how to correct it properly.

Yes, I'm a rank beginner with digital cameras and more than a little leery of all the bells and whistles on mine -- a big difference between this and the old days. And yes, you're looking at someone who sometimes waxes nostalgic for her typewriter when faced with a naughty computer (aka. very technically challenged).
  • Options
    rusticrustic Registered Users Posts: 199 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2008
    Sounds like it could be blown reds. I believe that my D50 only measures greens for exposure, so a scene with lots of red and no green can seem to be exposed properly, but the reds will be way over done.

Like David said, though, let us see what you're talking about!